You all were right...

Moderator: Moderators

wolfrunner7
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

You all were right...

Post by wolfrunner7 »

Pretty bad week anyway.. I didn't want to tell you guys... but Thursday morning I stopped in Baldwin FL after picking up my load... 215AM I'm awaken to a loud bang .. and the sound of shattering glass. It's FL .. I like the cold, can't take the heat.. so I'm dressed minimal for sleep. I roust out of bed quickly and put my shirt on... some SOB backed into my passenger side mirror... took it off, and smashed my passenger side window... glass all over the place .. and of course, the coward took off before I could ID his truck / trailer ... interviewing with cops, at 3am .. sucks. Anyhow, took truck over to shop noon the next day. Truck was in shop Thursday evening, Friday (entire day). I pick it up on this morning.. arrive at my new load's shipper .. only to find that another driver came the night before .. and picked up the wrong load.. mine. The next one won't be avail till Monday. So, I drive from Firnanadina Beach FL to Kingsport GA to the Petro there. I park, go inside to get cash for the IdleAire.. and come out to find my truck just dumped 4 gallons of coolant all over the ground. Company shop isn't open till Sunday evening, and Ive got a truck with no coolant....

Would someone do me the favor of allowing me to crawl under my truck ... while you run my arse over with it?
Ancient Catsmeowser Nipfiend the Timeless
-----------------------------------------------------
|Warlord Hellhound Wolfrunner
|Feralkin Teryn Moontears

Both lost upon the sands of time. May they rest in peace.
Chakkorisi

Post by Chakkorisi »

Jeezus HH . . . that totally sucks.

Look at it this way . . . it HAS to get better from there, right? :D

Good luck getting back on the road . . . hope to see you soon.

Chakk

"Oh, hell, anything you can uncork, uncap or unscrew, I'll drink it!"
Kazh
Guild Leader

Post by Kazh »

bah that sucks man... good luck getting everything sorted out and back on the road.
Image Kazh
Crusader of Greenmist - Tholuxe Paells Server - Leader of Eternal Sovereign
~ FAFO ~ Hating SOE/DBG since 2001 ~

Sweet is sleep to me and even more to be of stone, while the wrong and shame endure.
To be without sight or sense is a most happy change for me, therefore do not rouse me.
Hush! Speak low. --Michelangelo
wolfrunner7

Post by wolfrunner7 »

I do appreciate the well wishings, however things have not improved much though I assume they will eventually. Suffice to say the repairs made Sunday night did not hold this morning, and I was stranded in Yulee FL. Coolant levels dropped to critical levels and the engine went into auto-shutdown. Took 2 hours to get someone out to look at it, once that was dealt with I proceeded to shipper, picked up my load heading to Milwaukee WI. Get 35mi down the road only to get called back to the shipper to swap loads with some other driver. However, the trailer I picked up has damaged doors that would not close. Spent well over 2.5 hours with a sledge hammer attempting to get them closed. This load is bound for North Chicago, under the claim that it will be easier to get me home for the weekend...

Stepped into the Pilot here in Valdosta GA for the evening.. I've not been home since 23 Oct. Not so sound sappy.. but yanno that Humane Society commercial.. the one with Sarah Mcglocklin .. or however ya spell her name. Had that song playin .. just broke down in tears...

I miss my baby girl .. and my pack..

Today's Emo-post has been brought to you by the letter C ... C is for cookie, that's good enough for me...

Kyreth

Post by Kyreth »

Hang in there HH, you have people who care about you, and hopefully you will get to see your puppy soon!
Grey would be the color, if I had a heart..
Alsmack
Officer

Post by Alsmack »

If you need to bust off some steam in the chicago area send me a PM we'll hook up and grab a dinner or something~
Alsmack | Rezlar | Dpses | Lynis | Medissin | Arbutus
wolfrunner7

Post by wolfrunner7 »

Thanks Smack, missed me already :P They were gonna make me spend all thanksgiving in North Chicago, but for some reason my dispatcher thought that cruel, told me to drive 350mi home and report back Monday -- of course, he had to leave a note because I had a helluva time getting to the consignee. Got into Chicago Wednesday night, 1500, and it took literally 3 hours to go from I57 to I94. Spent Wednesday night, and part of the morning up there just off of 2nd Street in North Chicago (up by the docks)

The thing is though, they normally wont do that or allow it... company doesn't like wasting fuel without a load. So, hopefully dispatch doesn't get in trouble.