What level are you all? (WoW)

Place where people can talk about other games other than our beloved EQ1

Moderator: Moderators

clericsrule
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Post by clericsrule »

Heh...I'm still 2 levels from 60 and only 200g in the bank. Seem to hoover right around there.

Did get into a great guild on Garona though. Lunaris.

We just finished Magdamar in Molten Core on Monday. Was a thrilling fight.

Now, I just gotta get the upgrades to drop on platemail...

Faythe
Danenel

Post by Danenel »

Ding'd 50 last night in Zul Farrak (finally beat that damn instance... that temple event is insane), got my "carrot on a stick" for the mount speed increase. Things are good.

Joined a guild called "Knights who say NI" which is a guild approx 7 years old spanning almost every MMOG you can think of, cept EQ2 of course. There is a bug in WoW where the guild roster only shows 500 names so they usually trim things down once a week to keep us in the 490 player range. Its insane to have that many guildmates and be the biggest on the server but its a ball to continually run into them at every turn expecially when doing a troublesome quest. Crazy, funny people they are. Our talbard is the Bunny O Doom and fits with the guild theme quite well.

-Danenel aka EvilStuffins
Adriak

Post by Adriak »

I haven't joined a guild to date, but have quite a few chars all over the place, lol. Level 60 Warlock, and lvl 40 Druid on Uther(PvE), and have recently been playing on Darkspear(PvP), and now have a lvl 28 Warlock there. Just kind of jumping around having fun atm. :)

I can't imagine a guild with 500 people in it, and I dont' think there's been one close to that big on any of the servers I've played on so far, lol. I just don't see the point when instance kills restrict raid size to 40, hehe.
Sensei Adriak Ld
Eternal Sovereign
Danenel

Post by Danenel »

Adriak wrote:I can't imagine a guild with 500 people in it, and I dont' think there's been one close to that big on any of the servers I've played on so far, lol. I just don't see the point when instance kills restrict raid size to 40, hehe.
When I first joined we were over 800. What happens is we have some crazy events but more, higher level people offer recipes, items, tradegoods and whatnot, generally helping out... its nice. Case in point. I wanted Purify Mooncloth recipe and didnt know where it was... asked the guild, they said Winterspring. Now I've never been there so I ask "ummm is anyone in winterspring?" and sure enough, someone says yes. I mail them some money and the recipe returns an hour later. I dont take much when misc stuff gets offered but occasionally someone gets something they dont need and ask who wants... like 10 stacks of Mageweave or soemthing.

Another fun thing we did, a month ago when they opened up a new PvP server, 100 of us went there, created new toons and rapidly leveled to 5-6... THEN we traveled to Horde lands and went on PVP fest! 100 level 6's can do alot of damage rofl! So fun.

Anyway we arent even close to the top serverwide. I here there are a couple guilds in the 2,000 member range.

-Danenel
Ylyrra

Post by Ylyrra »

Wow.. :shock:

What server is that Dan?
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.
Maktabi

Post by Maktabi »

Hey Ad, you playing horde or alliance on Darkspear? Trish and I started some undead to mess around with PvP, so far it's been pretty fun.
Adriak

Post by Adriak »

We're all playing Alliance if you guys are new enough to consider switching over, hehe.

Me - Kaon 31 Warlock
Shcammy - Daffney 32 priest
Gorio - Ellvis 32 paladin
Gamdil - 34 mage
Syrien - 27ish mage, he went to Vegas so he's behind, hehe.

Anyways, it'd be nice to talk to the two of you again, if you're able to switch look us up. :) Darkspear is nice in that the horde and alliance populations are relatively even. It makes things a bit more exciting when you start venturing into Kalimdor, lol.
Sensei Adriak Ld
Eternal Sovereign
Chesshire

WoW got me...

Post by Chesshire »

Orephan (60 dorf warrior) can be found on Icecrown =P
Chesshire is my baby priest (also a dorf) on Icecrown.

Hi hi all, hope yer all doing well, I miss seeing you all. dammitt, I wish we could consolidate us all to one server =)

I can at times be found on darkspear also either as chesshire or rudemunk
Last edited by Chesshire on Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ylyrra

Post by Ylyrra »

Here here!!! Everyone needs to move to one server!! /pout

Yly
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.
Adriak

Post by Adriak »

I'd recommend Uther for PvE, but we rarely play on it anymore, even though we all have level 60 chars, and alts that are 40+, hehe.

We've got the pvp bug, it adds some excitement to the experience that I wasn't sure I would like until I try, as well as a great experience that npcs just can't offer. Last night for example, I almost pounded a shaman into the ground, but he managed to run away just before dying. When he came back, he knew he was defeated he bowed, we waved and went back to what we were doing before we clashed.

Soooo, make some Alliance chars on Darkspear, and we can become a TW pvp wrecking team! hehe Hell if we got enough people we could make a guild with a funny name and make our own tabard and shoot the shit, lol. I do realize it's hard to switch over servers after getting something established on another, even switching to a new pvp server from my pve server was tough at first, but it passes quickly, hehe.

Btw, yes this is a shameless plug to try to draw you guys to us, and I'm hoping it succeeds, lol. If you're currently on a pve server, switching for some pvp action isn't as far of a stretch as going from one pvp to another is, hehe.
Sensei Adriak Ld
Eternal Sovereign
Maktabi

Post by Maktabi »

I wish I could figure out a way to transfer money between factions, my priest has almost 40g on Darkspear, which would really help in twinking up a new character :). Mining + Enchanting is definitely the way to go as far as making fast cash :D

I'll start up an alliance player and look you all up soon.
Kanvil

Post by Kanvil »

To transfer money between factions, here's what you do:

1) Get both characters to Gadgetzan.
2) Have the character you are transferring money to put something worthless in the Gadgetzan AH for a large buyout price.
3) Switch characters to your character with money.
4) Buyout the worthless item.

I believe there's a 5% surcharge that the AH takes out of the money you pay, but it's the only way to get money from one side to the other and it's foolproof. Transferring items can be done pretty much the same way, but it can be dangerous if someone sees you log out in the AH and buys the item our from under you.
Danenel

Post by Danenel »

Kanvil wrote:I believe there's a 5% surcharge that the AH takes out of the money you pay,
Gaget AH is 10% btw.

Transferring items can be done pretty much the same way, but it can be dangerous if someone sees you log out in the AH and buys the item our from under you.
Hahaha I've "bought" some great things by hanging out upstairs and looking down in there... you see a character there browsing and immediately /sit /camp you know its a transfer... I always run down and quickly browse over the rares for anything cheap.

The best way to do it is like you said in the first part... transfer over a ton of money to the alt, but when you goto list the item, put it for a VERY large buyout... which the alt just buys with the cash you previously transfered. THATs the only way to really secure it.
clericsrule

Post by clericsrule »

Love my guild on Garona. 7th overall (on all servers) to kill Onyxia (great fight btw, very fun). Mostly doing MC runs Tues.-Thurs. nights and Onyxia every monday night. Weekends are free time or other raids (which is usually what I do).

I have noticed that I dont' feel I have to spend so much time on WoW to get anywhere. I kinda like that. The raids are much shorter.
Smeltty

Post by Smeltty »

Didnt realize iw as still registered here. Since I am, I might as well post.

I am new to WoW after a few months on EQ2.

Found Shcammy, Adriak, and Gorio on Darkspear.

Name is Sonic now, 36 Hunter.
Smeltty Feetz
65 Prophit
Eternal Sovereign