computer mounts

Moderator: Moderators

strongbus
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

computer mounts

Post by strongbus »

we got amage all setup for her hospital bed with her monitor and keyboard on a table with wheels that i can slide over her both in her bed and in her chair.

looking for a mount to secure the monitor to the desk. But we don't want anything with a arm. but I can't find just a a simple mount that can be screwed into the top of the table and then screw the base of her monitor to. Or should i just buy 4 bolt and drill holes into her monitor and desk and screw it down?
Rapitiss
Officer

Re: computer mounts

Post by Rapitiss »

Quote: looking for a mount to secure the monitor to the desk. But we don't want anything with a arm. but I can't find just a a simple mount that can be screwed into the top of the table and then screw the base of her monitor to.

Is this what you want?

https://www.amazon.com/PHOLITEN-Compute ... =8-20&th=1

Many years ago I splurged on a pair of Ergotron desk mount monitor/laptop arms. They were expensive but they've very good. Unlike many of the cheaper versions you can set the tension of the spring to match the weight of the arm and they stay in place fairly well. They are the same brand you'll see in the hospitals.

The down side is the mounting point itself. I ended up putting some dense cardboard between the jaws of the clamp and have the mount itself located close to where I want the arm so its fairly close to the base.

On the other hand if you are talking about some destructive drilling into your table you could just use some superglue or epoxy to cement the monitor base to the table.
strongbus

Post by strongbus »

thanks rappy after reading your post i am thinking of something like

https://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-311-Mo ... B001A1Q09S

and glue/cement the plate to the table and strap her monitor to that. so I can replace the monitor if needed without destorying the desk
Rapitiss
Officer

Post by Rapitiss »

If that plate is metal then simply drill through it and use some washers and bolts for a solid physical connection.

Might be able to do that with the monitor stand you have now. I have one monitor stand that looks like the plate you have pictured, but I have others that I'm 90% certain are metal where they join but the legs are all plastic.
Zargut

Post by Zargut »

Get some self sticking velcro, 5 bucks, put on desk and bottom of monitor, cheap, easy to remove, stays in place as much velcro as you put on there, no drilling etc./
Rapitiss
Officer

Post by Rapitiss »

Zargut wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:25 am Get some self sticking velcro, 5 bucks, put on desk and bottom of monitor, cheap, easy to remove, stays in place as much velcro as you put on there, no drilling etc./
Another good answer, but if you ever want to remove the velcro you've got a super sticky adhesive goo to get rid of.

I kind of like the answer with the straps. If you can get them tight enough the monitor base shouldn't move and its non destructive to the monitor and the table.

I dislike the big C clamps because they tend to press into the wood and leave an indentation, and, they have a large foot print under the table which may be in the way.

Of course the best option is to get Amageiing up and running around again ! :twisted:
Zargut

Post by Zargut »

It can depend on what her monitors “foot” is like. My Samsung has a curved foot about 2” wide. If I had to mount it to my desk I’d drill holes and use U-bolts, one on each “arm” of my monitors foot. But yes best answer is get well Amage!