Banned for 6 months

Moderator: Moderators

Bend
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Banned for 6 months

Post by Bend »

This is a little story from early EQ times.
Once upon a time there was a level 50 DE rogue on the Mith marr server (C 2001.) Role playing as a DE rogue named Noot. Duel weilding and armed with her Epic 1.0 "Ragebringer" in her primary hand and looking for a off hand weapon of equal or lesser value. Ultimately deciding on the "Burning Rapier". It is the one off hand weapon to rule the world, and nothing would stop her in the pursuit. 7/20 with +5 agil/dex and a scathing proc of ignite. 38/46 DD. Wow!
Noot was new to role playing and you would say she was as evil as a DE rogue gets. No one was safe from her clutches, not even the biggest or smallest of foes. One day, looking to do some DE rogue bad things to do, Noot paid 10pp for a SOW in Freeport and hiked her way on Antoinica to a place she new Hill giants were roaming, Rathe Mountains.
Noot new the Hill giants were rich with loot, platinum, Hill giant toes, and the ultimate, a "blood stone ring". Unable to get a group after 20 minutes of trying and unsuccessful. Noot decided to pull a Hill Giant to the wall and solo, she won the fight but it didn't go well. 3 HP left after he end of the fight and coming down to the last blow. 25 minutes later healing she was ready for the next fight. This tactic would take 5 years to make the plat required to complete the quest. Or, go on Ebay and buy 1000pp for $100. Or... Invis/ SOW and run near a Hill giant and Pick the pockets. YES!!! 50PP per hour and all the Hill giant toes you would ever want. Things were going well for about 2 weeks until Noot was approached by a GM. The GM stated that you are taking all the loot in the zone and decided to banned the account for 6 months, stating I was cheating. What to do????
Noot decided to go on the BBB website and write up a complaint about the issue and ended up getting 1 year free subscription from SOE. As, cheating is a grey matter, up to a GM at the time of the event but not subject to change. BBB complaints go to the top of the organization and are reviewed by the executives. They are here to make money not friends and the pettiness of the GM level will likely be over ruled if it comes down to money. Give it a try and see what happens.

Noot
Bend

Left one part out

Post by Bend »

I got a letter from the CEO of the company at the time and he gave me his personnel mobile number. I called him and we spoke for about 10 minutes. The next day I was reinstated and given the 1 years subscription for free. If you don't believe you did anything wrong bring a third party into the mix and see what happens. I do believe you will come out ahead.

The Pen is mightier then the sword. (but not the "Burning Rapier")

Noot (and I still don't have the Rapier)