Moderator: Moderators

Zargut
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

anyone see any negatives on this?

Post by Zargut »

Rapitiss
Officer

Post by Rapitiss »

I personally have never used them and the reviews from when they fist came out where fairly mixed.

They are basically putting the high frequency network traffic on your 120 HZ power line so if your power is fairly clean to start with and the two points you are running the network to are on the same circuit then it was good.

Most folks just go for a wireless install and call it done.

Where do you plan to install it ?

And when you get it please let us know how it worked for you.
Zargut

Post by Zargut »

I haven't bought it yet. But I'm still having wireless issues and this seemingly will solve it.
Thalsadoom

Post by Thalsadoom »

I've been using them for what seems like forever and the only issue I've had is never getting close to what the speed is advertised. This is likely due to how many jumps and limitations the connction is making to get from point A to point B. For the longest time I was using the 100mb ones and getting around 30mbs. I have better ones now and get a bit better speed but I'd take a speed hit to gain consistancy (anywhere in the house) over unreliable and or weak wireless. Once they are setup which generally only take a few minutes I don't recall ever having to reset or monkey with them like you would with a wireless router from time to time.
Zargut

Post by Zargut »

Thanks! Yea I think you (thalsa) commented about them earlier when I posted about my wifi. Heck they are only 40 bucks im going to go ahead and order them.
Phaolin

Post by Phaolin »

I bought a set of 2 powerline adapters for my mom's laptop connection, as wifi is spotty in her bedroom. works perfectly fine, but we also have clean power here.
Zargut

update:

Post by Zargut »

update:

Bought above item by tp link, came with 2 cat cables. Hitting exactly the same speed as I was on wifi, but its rock solid. Don't have to reconnect or reboot etc. Install was plug and play, and hit one button one each device to pair them for security. Hitting about 60mbps DL and 13 UL. Totally worth the 49 bucks.

Z