10 Tips & Tricks EverQuest

Moderator: Moderators

Bend
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

10 Tips & Tricks EverQuest

Post by Bend »

Zargut

Post by Zargut »

when using a mount, strafe run is a great way to avoid the lag from a dead stop to full speed as well.
Cantus

Post by Cantus »

Zargut wrote:when using a mount, strafe run is a great way to avoid the lag from a dead stop to full speed as well.
Definitely agree! By habit, I almost always strafe run - even though the benefits at high level with AAs and run speed buffs/songs are fairly tiny.

But you're right. It's great on mounts. But most of all, the benefits become huge when you're snared. Or having a friendly competition with your significant other in a drunken level 1 gnome race ;-).

I also use strafing to help avoid sliding into the pit in the ToFS1 Heart raid. It's saved me from the embarrassing "walk of shame" up the ramp more than once.

Thanks for posting all of the videos that you do, Bend. I enjoy them all. This one was great. I figured that after 21 years of playing EQ in some form or another I'd know them all. But I definitely didn't know about the End key trick to drop straight down (when levitating or swimming).

I wonder how many hours total that would have saved me in going down the spiral staircases to the PoK library or the tubes in Ssra?!