Moderator: Moderators

Kazh
Guild Leader

Post by Kazh »

Hopefully this works out...
Image Kazh
Crusader of Greenmist - Tholuxe Paells Server - Leader of Eternal Sovereign
~ FAFO ~ Hating SOE/DBG since 2001 ~

Sweet is sleep to me and even more to be of stone, while the wrong and shame endure.
To be without sight or sense is a most happy change for me, therefore do not rouse me.
Hush! Speak low. --Michelangelo
Lorai

Post by Lorai »

There is also an article in Forbes. I've heard rumors in the past that a team of developers were already working on a new EQ game, to compete with Pantheon when it comes out--if it ever does:

"Then there’s Darkpaw Games which is focusing specifically on the EverQuest franchise including EverQuest, EverQuest II, and whatever is next. It’s not as ubiquitous of a franchise as it once was, but it’s still one of the most recognized and celebrated MMO IPs on the planet. Darkpaw Games (which is named after an in-game NPC from the original game, Flippy Darkpaw) will be led by Executive Producer Holly Longdale."

~ Why is there never enough time to do something right the first time, but always time to do it over? ~
Bend

Info from a Daybreak staff member regarding the future.

Post by Bend »

Bend
A quick question off the previous subject. What is going on between EQ and Planet Side? Are the games going to continue to run?

Daybreak Games
7:18 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (800274) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Andrew (Daybreak Games)

Jan 22, 4:18 PM PST

Hmm I am not sure what you mean by between them but both games are still alive and well and not going anywhere.
Regards,

Andrew C.
Daybreak Games