Ranger Smash DPS and Burn Setup

Moderator: Moderators

Tanluyen
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Ranger Smash DPS and Burn Setup

Post by Tanluyen »

Posting this up here for those that cannot see the guild forums. Always open to suggestions, but this works pretty good for rocking some ranger DPS!

Hey guys, here is a post I wrote up awhile back on what I use for burns / DPS. Check it out and let me know if there are any suggestions to making it even better. Always looking to help others and and always looking for input to improve myself.

2017 brings new life to Ranger Bows! We may never use Copsestalkers again :) Well at least until they patch something and mess up our range attack again. Anyhow even on Melee Burns it is better to use Pureshot. Last 6 minutes and makes our Arrow Nukes AWESOME!

First, if you have not already, get your Type 5 HDEX Augs loaded. If you aren't able to camp / find any in the wild at least buy http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item ... tem=123812 from PoHealth, you can buy as many of these as you want as they are NOT lore.

Also if you are not sure how to Multibind keys please shoot me a tell, but basically go to Options then Keys and find your spell gems and combat abilities and you can tie things to one key.

Buff Line Up
Statistic Buffs --> Attack
Natures Precision
Utility Beneficial --> Combat Innates
Ro's Burning Cloak
Roaring Blades (unless you have an awesome tank then use Devastating Steel)
Utility Beneficial -->Combination
Wildstalker's Unity (for self)
Shout of the Wildstalker (for others
Utility Beneficial -->Combat Abilities
Copsestalker's Enrichment
Under Utility Detrimental --> Combat Innates
Vapurous Veil (helps lower agro when things are hitting you) great to cast on all melee
Potion and Tribute
Ancient Hedgewizard Brew - helps nuke harder (last about 60 mins so can use through most raids)
Tribute - Arm of Power II, Hero's Deftness, Juggler's Grace II, Power of Will II, Vengeful Aura
Class AA
Flaming Arrows or Poison if you like. I haven't really parsed them out, but since everything seems to enhance Ranger fire / cold I figured flaming was a better option. I only turn on flaming during burns unless I have a bard as it does drain some mana.

NOTE: Be sure to remove extra non-melee / non-casting buffs so your burns are sure to land. Lately we have so many buffs you can use up that 36 slots pretty fast.
NOTE: Also remember your Gear Clickies are mostly passive AA's right now so you should NEVER have any Shadow of ... on you. Just a wasted slot and does not do anything for your stats.

Smash Key - VERY IMPORTANT THING TO SETUP
All tied to 1 key, I use the number 1 for mine – hit fast and frequently. The number of times you hit this key is directly responsible for your DPS! Failure to hit this key until your fingers are sore will put you in the bottom of the DPS line! By the end of a burn fight you should be below 20% mana. If you have more than that you did not hit this key enough.
Hot Key 1 itself
/stand
/alt act 15073 (banestrike)
Spells / Combat Abilities Key multi-bound to 1
Spell Gem 1 Foreseen Shots
Spell Gem 2 Dichotomic Fusillade
Spell Gem 3 Focused Arrowgale
NOTE: On Burns pop a Forceful Rejuvenation Right Here once the top 3 spells are down (UBER DPS TIME) - this pairs well with Cheetah since that adds for so many casts. Wait until you see that dicho cheetah twincast! i hit 3 mil the other day on it.
Spell Gem 4 Skyfire Boon
Spell Gem 5 Skyfire Ash - keep running till cheetah is down
Spell Gem 6 Heartcleave - keep running till cheetah is down (note you need your lcass 3 wood arrows for this)
Spell Gem 7 Summers Tempest - I keep this off until Cheetah is down or its a short fight. Uses a lot of mana with cheetah up.
Combat Ability 1: Focused Squall of the Blades Rk. III
Combat Ability 2: Jolting Wheel Kicks
Combat Ability 3: Reflexive Nettlespears Rk. III

Burn Time!
Step 1 - Pop these right before Engage or Burn Call
Tribute if not already running
Silent Casting - keeps you alive to be awesome!
Chameleon's Gift - keeps you alive to be awesome!
Bulwark of the Brownies - keeps you alive to be awesome!
Blood Drinker's Coating
Miniature Horn of Unity - or rotate with group - this just helps a bit with mana regen
Step 2 - Prep Burn Hot Key - Hit when burns starts - this should be one hotkey
/alt act 838 (Elemental Arrow)
/alt act 723 (Scout's Mastery of Elements)
/alt act 872 (Outriders attack)
/alt act 184 (Guardian of the forest)
/alt act 1462 is third spire (if no zerker) (use 1460 first spire if zerker in group as 3rd doesn't stack with their epic or their Bloodlust Aura)

Step 3 - Burn key - hit after the prep keys are done - this should be another hotkey
/g BURNS ARE ROLLIN HIT THAT ADPS!
/disc Pureshot Discipline Rk. III
/alt act 2235 (Imbued Ferocity) - may want to hit this manually when Mana burn is up - I just hit it last and figure they should all be burning with me :twisted:
/alt act 1107 (Cheetah Fang)
/useitem 17 (Chest-Natural Alignment)
Step 4 - Smash the Hell out of your Smash Key as seen above, mine is number 1. Smash this until your fingers hurt or get a keyboard with a macro button to repeat it for you!!!

Manually Activated
Hit Auspice Manually to Coordinate with other Rangers rotation - Call it out in Ranger channel and RAID so everyone knows.
Hit Ranger Alliance (Wildstalker's Covenant) Manually with other Rangers during big fights. It's a mana hog so only use as needed. (This gives you a huge nuke when other rangers cast 12 spells in 18 seconds). It is useless without other rangers.
Once Pureshot fades hit Empowered Blades and go in for some Melee fun
Once Guardian Fades hit Group Guardian
Once Group Guardian Fades hit Outriders Accuracy
Once Accuracy is down hit Epic
Glyph of Cataclysm /ALT ACT 7019 - This does stack with Auspice so if you have the AA's go ahead and use as needed.
Intensity of the Resolute /ALT ACT 487 - Use when Auspice is down as it does NOT stack with it (need to check on this, I think it may stack now). Has a 4 Hour recast so use for the raid that needs the most DPS.

Group Choice for ADPS
I have not parsed these side by side, but from what I have seen this seems to work best for me.
Dream Team ADPS if it was ever possible
Enchanter
Bard
Druid
Beastlord/Berzerker
Shaman
Ranger
Best ADPS normal raid setup
Shaman
Bard
Beastlord
Berzerker
Ranger
Second Choice ADPS
Enchanter
Bard
Druid
Ranger
Tanluyen

Post by Tanluyen »

Bump: how are the rangers doing with this set up? Anyone find anything better yet? Have not really updated this for the new expansion. Also have not maxed out my AA's so not sure how Melee is comparing now.
Alsmack
Officer

Post by Alsmack »

I've enabled all class forums for the recruits as well, just FYI. Can put this in ranger forums and the only people that can't see it are unregistered people, or registered people not in any of our usergroups.
Alsmack | Rezlar | Dpses | Lynis | Medissin | Arbutus