reinstalling everquest

Moderator: Moderators

EggbornHatchedrotten
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

reinstalling everquest

Post by EggbornHatchedrotten »

I just upgraded my OS and got some new memory. Everquest is still there, but it says I have a missing file, and need to reinstall.

If I reinstall, will I lose all of my old stuff?

I copied it all on to another drive anyway, but Everquest won't let me install it where it is. Something about a root directory. It's in some C/x86 drive, no clue. It doesn't show up under installed programs, but I found it there, so did the website when it tried to install.

missing d3dx9_30.dll whatever that is
Alsmack
Officer

Post by Alsmack »

EQ isn't missing a file.

You need to reinstall the old Microsoft Direct X stuff so you have DX9

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=35

Try that.

And you should be able to put your EverQuest directory wherever you want, then run Launchpad.exe from inside of it to patch it up and play. I actually recommend putting it outside of the "Program Files" directory due to permissions issues that can happen. I have my at the path C:\Games\EverQuest and never have any issues. When I reinstall, I just back up that games directory, wipe and go, and put it right back and never have an issue.
Alsmack | Rezlar | Dpses | Lynis | Medissin | Arbutus
EggbornHatchedrotten

Alsmack wrote:EQ isn't missing a file.

You need to reinstall the old Microsoft Direct X stuff so you have DX9

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=35

Try that.

And you should be able to put your EverQuest directory wherever you want, then run Launchpad.exe from inside of it to patch it up and play. I actually recommend putting it outside of the "Program Files" directory due to permissions issues that can happen. I have my at the path C:\Games\EverQuest and never have any issues. When I reinstall, I just back up that games directory, wipe and go,
and put it right back and never have an issue.
I did, and I still get the same message.

I have it in a program files (x86) directory, whatever that is?

Update! Third time's a charm. The first two times, it said that it was completed and ready for use, but the third time it took a little long. That one took. yeah thanks Alsmack.

Now for iTunes.... it knows not where any of my files are. and my printer.. hum have disk? um maybe...

At least my GPS was easy. It had been a while, it took 2 hours to update my maps on it. My does the world change in just a few months...
Last edited by EggbornHatchedrotten on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alsmack
Officer

Post by Alsmack »

No, it can work out of there too. Are you running the game/launcher as administrator?
Alsmack | Rezlar | Dpses | Lynis | Medissin | Arbutus
EggbornHatchedrotten

um.. dunno :)

I am hitting a button that has the brown and yellow everquest icon on it. I found it in that directory, and made a shortcut for my desktop.

I do have files that say "Sony station Launcher," but they never work. I never play anything else anyway.
Becoann

Right click on the

Post by Becoann »

EQ icon run as admin also did you download from SOE or the EQ page SOE page is bugged in the EQ page don't click the hot link go to the tabs look for download hit it it will patch DirectX 9.c solving the dll. file issue
EggbornHatchedrotten

Thanks. It's working now. My only new problem is that my hotkeys, spell sets and bazaar info isn't saving.
Lots of information out there for me to go through, but I'll get it eventually.