Screen Resolution and Interface?

Moderator: Moderators

Timothian
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Screen Resolution and Interface?

Post by Timothian »

Having issues getting my screen resolution and interface set up so EQ is playable (meaning I can read everything)
Use to have Windows and EQ both set up at 1400x900 resolution, did not have to tinker with size of text and boxes in game to make it playable.

I have a new computer now with new 24” ASUS|VE248H Monitor and have Windows set up at 1920x1080. I tried EQ at this resolution and was able to adjust it so most of stuff was readable (changed hotkey box size, font size of chat, etc..).

However, I could not change the size of the text I typed into my chat boxes, and I could not adjust size of yellow emotes that appear on screen, they are unreadable to me. Some boxes, such at the actions and combat abilities I would like to make bigger, but can live with them at the size they are.

I tried setting it at 1400x900, but looks kind of stupid on my new monitor. Currently trying 1680x1050, close to good size, but aspect ratio wrong, makes everything look fat. Font, just not right with we had more than 10 settings.

I am playing CIV 5 at full resolution, no issues reading stuff in that game. (currently upset at Brazil, I think they cheated and produced far more armies than possible, guess I will attack England and grow my empire and then attack Brazil again)

Any suggestions on how to make the size of what I type into the boxes and size of emotes bigger?

What resolution do other people play EQ at?
Aaeadiel
Iane_Blaidd

Post by Iane_Blaidd »

if i recall correctly i had this issue a while back and it was a driver issue. the boyfriend whent on a search for updated drivers that allowed me to use the only resloution i can see decent on my monitor. I am sure one of the IT guys can tell you exactly what to do, but if i dont see an update when he gets home tonight i will ask him.

i diddn't see what kind of card you have in your new PC, that might be helpful not sure....
Iane Blaidd
105 Druid of Tunare
“Why do I even dare to think I could dream I could imagine I could hope?”
― Dylan Moran

Zargut

Post by Zargut »

I use native resolution of 1920x1080, /chatfontsize 4 on my 24" monitor.
With Gina I dont need to ever read a yellow text emote. I've never found a way to change the input font size other than to change resolution. I play in windowed mode, and sometimes wear my reading glasses...
Rapitiss
Officer

Post by Rapitiss »

I just moved up to a 27" 2560x1440 resolution monitor and spent a while messing with this stuff recently.

#1 Options -> General -> Font - this seems to always default back to Arial but it may be my setup.

#2 /chatfontsize which you have to type in each chat window.

#3 WinEQ2 has a scaling option - It can make things bigger but they look like crap.
Timothian

Post by Timothian »

Thanks everyone, not had time to play with my interface, but plan to this weekend. My video card is a Radeon 260x with 2Gb RAM. (64 Bit Windows 7, Intel i4, 8 GB RAM, 240GB SSD)
Aaeadiel
Ylyrra

Post by Ylyrra »

Timothian wrote:My video card is a Radeon 260x with 2Gb RAM.
Noir just cried. :P
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.