Connection issues

Moderator: Moderators

Daarsa
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Connection issues

Post by Daarsa »

Ok here goes...

I connect and play EQ on a wireless setup. This morning, I was on my alt ranger and went LD. I tried to reconnect to my router but was unsucessful. I went and checked the modem/router (I have ATT DSL with a "2Wire" modem/router combo unit) All the idiot lights were green and it appeared to be working fine. Jisi's desktop comp is directly connected to it and it was working with no problem. When she got home, she connected wirelessly with her laptop - no problem. I tried connecting and still get a message indicating I am not able connect. The message is vague and does not give any specific reason as to why it is unable to connect. I have the same problem on my laptop. I am able to see various other networks in the neighborhood where I live. I can even connect to one on both my laptop and desktop (the connection is unsecured). So for the life of me, I can not understand why I am unable to connect to my own set up. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Daarsa
Zargut

Post by Zargut »

Have you tried renew IP address and made sure device and router are on same subnet mask? Sometimes when mine wont connect/renew, its a subnet mask issue and I have to go into the tcp/ip properties, manually assign ip and subnet and then connect, then I go back to tcp/ip and choose assign automatically again. Also make sure your network is set as the default for that machine.

You should always be able to ping that modem or even access its own internal pages by entering your modem's IP address into your browser. If not then you might have a hardware issue.

When all else fails, reboot everything and wait 5 minutes and see if it works then.

Can also check wifes computer for the ip and subnet mask numbers then go try them on your machine.

Personally I hate wireless but its my only realistic option other than taping cat5 down the hallway.
tug
Alsmack
Officer

Post by Alsmack »

Sounds like it doesn't even authenticate with the wireless access point to get to the point of getting an IP, am I correct?

If you have the connection saved, delete it, reboot and try from scratch. That sometimes helps, especially in WinXP.

What version of Windows do you have?
Alsmack | Rezlar | Dpses | Lynis | Medissin | Arbutus