A ghost from ES past...

Moderator: Moderators

Laiderone
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

A ghost from ES past...

Post by Laiderone »

Hail, ES.

Long story short: way back when, my mom used to be an avid EQ player and an as-loyal-as-one-can-get ES member (member #96 to sign up on this forum in June 2002).

Over the holidays, I found a box of papers and stuff that I'd not yet sorted out after her passing away a few years ago and found a bunch of Usernames and Passwords for different email accounts, forum registrations and other stuff. Among those, the info for her long-expired EQ account.

So, after thinking it over long and hard, I've decided to re-activate her account and see if I could get a hang of the only computer game she ever played and fell in love with.

As I go through your roster, I see a lot of names that either ring a bell in my memories of her raiding with you guys and/or appear in her notes and stuff.

So, Suleka, Aaxxandum, Memzin, Rikii, Ylyrra, Nizzi, Noircogi, Kaput, Aenil, Rohgziel, Teeppas, Amiel, Tudana, Yroc, Fazin and Thalsadoom: if you come across a totally clueless cleric called Laiderone, the person at the keyboard isn't the the original player, it's just me, her son, giving good ol' EQ a whirl.

Safe hunting to you all,

Laiderone ~ Caution: steep learning curve ahead!
[magelo=Laiderone]Wardrobe[/magelo]
wanadan

Post by wanadan »

hey i don't know you but sounds like a cool idea if you ever see me online make sure you hit me up ill get you geared/lvld up in no time =-P!
Ylyrra

Post by Ylyrra »

OMG.. Laider passed away?? What happened.. when??
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.
Aallaan
Recruiter

Post by Aallaan »

thats shocking news. i'm incredibly sorry for your loss.
VVVVV** Warning Magelo contains music with explicit lyrics **VVVVV
Brindain

Post by Brindain »

Very shocking to me as well. Im very sorry for your loss. It will be nice to see ya log in :)
Laiderone

Post by Laiderone »

Though I didn't come here fishing for sympathy, a great many thanks nonetheless for your kind words, all.

Even if it's been a while, it still is painful to think about it, let alone talk about it. But I promise I'll get around to it in a private message or something. Then you can post something you deem appropriate in the guild section where I think it belongs, not out here in the public section, if that's OK with you guys.

Regards,
[magelo=Laiderone]Wardrobe[/magelo]
EggbornHatchedrotten

Post by EggbornHatchedrotten »

It's a fun game! Enjoy it.
Lezard2

Post by Lezard2 »

My deepest sympathies
Lezard Inyourbed
lvl 95 Arch lich
Eternal Sovereign
Ylyrra

Post by Ylyrra »

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Laider was lots of fun during the time I got to spend with her. I never could get her to part with her beard though. I was the clean shaven female dwarf.. she preferred her whiskers. /grin

Thank you for letting us know. /bow
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.
Tudana

Post by Tudana »

Family or the honrable Legacy of one of our own is always welcome in our Halls with open arms. I welcome you and the memory of Laiderone back, It is truely special.

I am sure ESO can get you retagged and set up on the forums if your not.

some advice; Dont over whelm yourself in all the content her acct has missed, it is possible to catch up, it just takes time and determination to get back into teh swing of it and we will all be there to pitch in and help out when you call for it. I came back last Oct from a 4 yr retirement and have almost caught up to current content, so its very possible..:) At the moment I would consider myself a Regular player

Can i ask your play time or what type of player you are??...
casual (1-2 nights a week)?
Regular (5-6 days aweek)?
Hardcore (hardly log off)?
Danenel

Post by Danenel »

Wow... a bittersweet moment for me here.

I havent visited this site in a very long time and my first post to read is one telling of Laiderone's passing. A good friend I enjoyed playing many, many hours with. I am extremely sad to hear of her passing. If its any comfort she was a very welcome and dear friend.

Hiya Tuds, glad to see you. Thought you had dropped off the planet for good LOL!

-Danenel
Memzin

Post by Memzin »

Oh my!! I have so often wondered about Laiderone and what happened to her .. I am so glad you logged in to this board and wrote an entry.. :)

I am so sorry for your loss.. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy. and thank you for posting here .. I hope some time to see you in game...

Memzin DECleric / Cazteal Magician
Athame

Post by Athame »

Sad news, I too remember Laiderone even though I haven't played this game for years, the sheer number of hours spent together leave a permanent mark. My sympathies, but also I wish you a lot of fun following in your mothers footsteps so to speak, I hope you too find ES to be a very sweet group of people and see that it was not just your mother wasting her time. It is comforting to know the guild endured, and still has quite a few names from that era still on the roster.
TEFKAA

Post by TEFKAA »

^ posted that with the wrong account it seems, I used this one on this forum, as this wasn't our first forum, 'the elder formally known as athame'.