EQ wont save resolutions settings in game, wont show refresh

Moderator: Moderators

Timothian
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

EQ wont save resolutions settings in game, wont show refresh

Post by Timothian »

EQ was running fine, then one day when I logged in, the screen was small, and resolution was set to: 640x480

I normally play with the entire screen filled up, with no task bar at botton (forget exact resolution I had set in game, but it wasn't 640x480)

I use widescreen monitor set to 1440x900.

I was able to change the resolution in game to 1449x900, screen looks ok, but:

1. Can't set refresh, the pull down box is empty.
2. EQ fills the screen from corner to corner, but "full screen" button is not depressed. If I do depress it, the game locks up.
3. When I hit the Windows key on my keyboard, I get the start menu, but EQ does not minimize. It use to minimize to desktop.
4. The resolution settings will not save to 1440x900, it will save to some lesser setting that fills most of screen, but leaves annoying band at bottom.

Since problem occured, I have:

downloaded latest graphics drivers.
complete file scan in EQ
performed file check.

Any suggestions? This problem just occured on its own, no tinkering to machine between sessions.
Aaeadiel
Kilvari

Post by Kilvari »

Sounds like you were playing full screen before and now you're windowed mode.

Alt-O, Display, below "Show My Helm" is the button to toggle between full-screen and windowed mode. Right now mine says "Switch to Windowed" because I play full-screen. Check that button out.
Timothian

Post by Timothian »

Thanks kilvari.

My problem is sort of fixed now, the resolution settig (1440x900), no is saved when I log in and out, and I can set refresh rate.

Oddly, it was was hitting "overlap windows task bar" that fixed it I think. Even though I was already overlapping the task bar, once I pressed it, I was able to set refresh rate, and the resolution is being saved.
Aaeadiel