Win xp sp 2 issues

Moderator: Moderators

Avariel
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Win xp sp 2 issues

Post by Avariel »

hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this...I just installed windows xp service pack 2 on my computer and now when i try to start it up, it keeps freezing at the windows load screen...any ideas?
Lady Avariel
Nemesis of Bertoxxulous
Eternal Sovereign
Taunto

Post by Taunto »

Try reformatting and reinstalling it. Sounds like you didn't get a clean install. Or if you mean that you just installed the sp2 upgrade it could mean that something went wrong with that. Try doing a system restore (which I'm pretty sure it prompts you to do when you install sp2 on an xp system, been a while) and reinstalling it.
Avariel

Post by Avariel »

hmm, well this is the second time its done this to me, i dunno lol, guess ill have to avoid the sp2 =P
Lady Avariel
Nemesis of Bertoxxulous
Eternal Sovereign
fazin

Post by fazin »

did you have antivirus or spyware programs enabled? May want to disable. Also are you already using Win xp? If you're trying to upgrade from say windows 98 to xp sp2, you're gonna have problems in the conversion process.
Avariel

Post by Avariel »

no, no anti virus programs =P i found a security update that is for users whose bios is outdated...or something like that, and its supposed to be downloaded before i download sp2...so that is done, will try dling sp2 again and see if it works (reformatted for the millionth time lol) here goes nothing =)
Lady Avariel
Nemesis of Bertoxxulous
Eternal Sovereign