Something Very Wrong!!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Walkingeagle
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Something Very Wrong!!!!

Post by Walkingeagle »

I am having problems with my computer... I can get it to get to were it will show the windows XP load up but it just stays thier... I try to restart it in safe mode and it will not start up.. What can I do? Should I place my windows CD back in and try to restart it that way? Please Help!!!!!
Chakkorisi

Post by Chakkorisi »

WE . . . you can try booting from the Windows XP CD. You will have to be very careful making your selections, but you can get to a point where it will allow you to Repair an Installed Copy of XP.

Be very careful you don't install OVER the exisiting copy or install a fresh copy.

At what point is it stuck loading XP? Loading profile? How long have you left it sitting trying to load?

Chakk
Taunto

Post by Taunto »

sounds a lot like what happened to me when my hard drive decided to corrupt itself. You could try putting in another hard drive and seeing if it will read that.
Walkingeagle

Post by Walkingeagle »

I will try them both... And it stays were the windows xp sign is showing on the screen and the blue bar underneath it is running from left to right... I have let it run for over 20 min before restarting my computer. Thanks for the advise and will pray it is an easy fix
Walkingeagle

Post by Walkingeagle »

WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Emptysoul!!! You ARE MY GOD!!!!!!!! Computer is up and running again hope to see you all tonight.
Chakkorisi

Post by Chakkorisi »

Just as a followup . . . it would be awesome if you post the solution to your issue, WE. :lol:

In the future, someone might be searching in here with a similar issue. Althoutgh we all do view MT as a god, that alone doesn't fix computers :D

Glad to have you back!!!

Chakk
Walkingeagle

Post by Walkingeagle »

Well my fix was for one day only it is back to doing it again.. No fricking clue why...