Connection Problems

Moderator: Moderators

Avariel
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Connection Problems

Post by Avariel »

Hey all, just curious, I can log into EQ just fine on my main computer on wireless network, but cannot on my other computer, which is located on the same computer desk... yet about 2 days ago I was able to connect to EQ with it.
It loads up the patching everquest screen, then says connection could not be established, but its connected to the internet...
Lady Avariel
Nemesis of Bertoxxulous
Eternal Sovereign
Timothian

Post by Timothian »

If you have a way to adjust it, play with the "MTU" size. EQ log in appears to be sensative to this. I have a free copy of, "System Mechanic" that allows this to be adjusted, there are other programs the do this also.

I am not sure how to get at this via Windows XP, I think it is an option under your network card settings, but cannot seem to locate it.

I had this issue a while back and found a post on the EQ site suggesting this fix. The range of values for MTU goes from 0 to about 1500, no real right answer, depends on you connection, but I think it should be about 500 or more for a high speed connection (not really sure about these numbers, been a whild since I played with it).