Downloading EQ?

Moderator: Moderators

Jvarin
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Downloading EQ?

Post by Jvarin »

Before I had quit, I had bought upto the PoP expansion pack. I remember reading somewhere about being able to download EQ straight from SOE or something akin to that and not having to goto a store and purchase the disc or have the CD's. Anyone know anything about this?
[magelo=1204822]Jvaarin[/magelo] "Level 46 bard and climbing!"
[magelo=225700]Jvarin Fox[/magelo] Retired Paladin
"Smoth, smoth liek a shamna"
fazin

Post by fazin »

if you got the PoP CD you could use the patcher to download the rest of the expansions but you won't be able to use them until you register the account key for each expansion.
Jvarin

Post by Jvarin »

Well, my current situation is, my CD discs are 300 miles away. And if at all possible I'd much rather just download any parts of the game I can for free. I've found a free download of the EQ trilogy parts (Original EQ, Kunark, and Velious). It appears that I may be able to just call my dad and get the expansion key from him at home rather than just sending the discs to me via mail... if I can download the expansions via the EQ patcher?
fazin

Post by fazin »

nah. you don't need the expansion key. it's already on your account user info. In another word. SoE knows you have it.

All you need to do is log in and you're set. You can use the patcher to download all the expansions. But if you aren't registered. you won't be able to play.
Gumbelle

Post by Gumbelle »

Buy <a href="http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?pro ... latinum</a> it has everything up to GoD and runs anywhere from 9.99-19.95 pending on where you buy it. I imagine that's cheaper than paying for LDoN, LoY, GoD seperately, and you'll have it on CD again. Then you just need DoN and OoW.

LMK when you're back in game, Jv, I'll start working on twink gear for ya'.
Jvarin

Post by Jvarin »

Good to know, now if I can just remember my user info, hehe.

-also, I was unaware of such a cheap price for all the expansions. I'll go buy it tomorrow and install and start the downloading fun...
repthor

Post by repthor »

heres the link to the soe soport eq patcher just down laod it make a folde in ur c drive and start downlaoding u can down load all expantions from it
altho u dl all expantions (u can check all boxes u still have to "buy them so the game "flaggs u as haveing em"

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/ ... atcher.jsp

hopefullu ill get to meet u soon i heard alot about ya ... =)
Time is Money
Money is Power
Power is Fear
Fear is Everywhere

GINON

Post by GINON »

Yep, I was amazed when I was in walmart a couple days ago and seen EQ Platinum for $19.95 with almost every expansion.
After buying all these for $29.95 each and they go and make it that cheap

bah.

Ginon