Moderator: Moderators

Whittleberry
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

calling all shamans!

Post by Whittleberry »

I wanted to say "shamen" but that could be perceived as sexist. Anyhoo:

New computer: check!
Gf addicted to EQ: check!

After much discussion my gf decided to create a shaman. I admit to being somewhat biased in that regard; after watching Athame in action I've always been rather partial to shamans. We discussed races and she immediately pounced on the idea of a barbarian shaman. We played last saturday and she dinged 19.

She's got some very basic equipment and some halfway decent stuff (my old hiero cloak and orb of the infinite void). She's also got some slot-fillers. So to the crux of the matter: what do you kind people recommend in the way of equipment for a new shaman?

I want to get her an Iksar BP. Fungi would be better, but I don't know Seb well enough to find the King camp. I may have to buy the BP as I appear to have broken the forager cycle in TT (after 24+ foragers, a named spawned. I killed him and got no more foragers).

Weapons are a problem. I got her a cheap piercer but everything that looked good was level-restricted. Her weapon skills kinda suck so I might just get her the fastest, cheapest weapons I can find until she levels up.

Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated!
Beldak

Post by Beldak »

Shaman is a good choice imo, I will check my bank I'm sure I have some gear rotting there she could use. Give me a hollar in game and I will see if you can use any of it.
Chesshire

Post by Chesshire »

kill the ikky ghosts to restart cycle
slaanax

Post by slaanax »

You betrayer should have conviced her into an iksar, you they are the best. For you act I am gonna have a halfling mcmeal when I get back muwhahaha!