UI Issues

Moderator: Moderators

Timothian
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

UI Issues

Post by Timothian »

I use the Old UI, I modified it per walk through on EQ web site and moved the new files for the guild window, raid window etc to directory. Started up game, it am up and worked great. Logged and came on again, still good

Few hours later, I came into game, and the new UI came up. I went to options to load UI skin, and unable to load the old UI. Get error on loading. Game does not allow me to load any UI, get error when I try, even copies of original default_old and default named other things.

So game is loading default UI and not allowing me to load anther. Kind of clueless. If I go with new UI, I think I will delete the buff box, cannot read them due to both change in artwork, and the size of them.
Timothian

Post by Timothian »

Finally fixed this. I deleted the default UI directories, went to main EQ directory and created backup copeis of my UI files and delelted orignals. Ran complete file check (had done this before but not deleted files).

Issue of not being able to load new UIs got fixed. I had managed to alter the old UI to work with new release, but did it the easy way and went to web site listed on main guild chat board and ran the executable, worked great.

Loged, renamed back up character UI files, loaded old hot key set up, and gtg. Like UI a lot now, it is old UI, but few tweaks like having old spell icons, but smaller is nice.