Fatal Exception

Moderator: Moderators

Daarsa
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Fatal Exception

Post by Daarsa »

Ok, I died in MPG, zoned into Guild Hall and Lobby to get some plat to summon corpse. I got corpse back, rezzed, and when I tried zoning into Hall to get to WoS / Geode portal, I got a fatal exception error telling me EQ was going to shut down. I went ahead and rebooted, I logged on back in and tried to get to Geode to go to WoS. I got the same message. I tried patching but there are no new patches. Any ideas?

Daarsa
Timothian

Post by Timothian »

I reccomend that you do some basic computer stuff first, down load latest patches from windows, defrag hard drive and do file check. Probably not cause of problem, but you could have a corrupt file.

When you log into EQ, click "advanced options" on first screen and do patch check.

If this does not fix it, go to you main eq directory (probably under c:/programfiles/sony/everquest) Then delete a file called, "eqmain.dll" After you delete it, log into eq, run the patch check under advanced options. Without any further information, I suspect this file becoming corrupt is the most likely cause of your problem.
Greysun

Post by Greysun »

Sounds like your WoS zone files may be corrupt. Try this:
  • Completely close down EQ
    Open windows explorer and browse to your EQ folder (probably something like Program Files>Sony>EverQuest).
    Find all files that start with "wallofslaughter" and delete them (should be about 4 files).
    Run EQ. The patcher should find the missing files and download them. Go to the advanced tab and do a complete file check to make sure.
After that, go in and see if you can zone to WoS.
[magelo=598765]Greysun - 70 Paladin[/magelo]
[magelo=775676]Roshambow - 70 Shaman[/magelo]