Condolences & Reflections for Sonami

Moderator: Moderators

Borr Mac Bel
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Post by Borr Mac Bel »

I wish to express my deepest condolences to Eternal Sovereign, its members, officers and most importantly to the family of Sonami. I have known Sonami for a very long time, since the days of Velious really. The first encounter i had with sonami was in the city of Thurgadin. I was working feverishly on pottery skill ups, and "she" was kind enough to delay arrival at a raid to finish enchanting clay for me, one brick at a time back then. Sonami was always a good peep to group with and would always be welcome in any zone i would dare to explore. I admit that i never reallized until just recently that Sonami was in fact a guy in Real life. But that shock was nothing compared to this.

Again, my deepest condolences to all that knew him, Norrath has gotten a little darker at his passing. I am sure that the non-digital world has aswell.
Borr Mac Bel

Humble Servant of Crusaders Valorous

Borr's Magelo

Bonanan Magelo
Magevo

Post by Magevo »

Wow...

The enchanter all other enchanters of TP strived to be.

I'm sorry for your loss Eternal Sovereign. And for that matter, Tholuxe Paells (Bertoxx), Everquest, and the real world.

It won't be the same without him.

Magevo Xegelo
fevets

Post by fevets »

I quit EQ about a month ago but saw this posted on CV forums and it saddened me greatly.. My thoughts and prayers go out to Matt's friends and family.. I've known Sonami since I stARTED eq IN 2000 and he was always a very good friend to me.. we used to always group back in velious days all the time.. I'll never forget doing that stupid quest in Great Divide with the Broodmother or whatever to get his cleric friend some legs it took us so long but we got it done.

Even though we took different paths in EQ guildwise once we got older, he was always there to help me with buffs, enchanting bars, or whatever and I ran into him a few monnths ago and we had a nice long catchup chat.

Anyway..to the rest of ES keep kicking ass, Hi to Blackwidow and Angywysh.. grats on yer baby Randi.. if ya see this shoot me an email I lost yer and Coys #... futurzman@yahoo.com.

And finally.. /SALUTE SONAMI .. may you rest in peace old friend.

Sincerely,

Fevets
Aalda Stormecrowe

Post by Aalda Stormecrowe »

I'm shocked and saddened. I can't even imagine how tough this must be for you all. my sincerest condolences to the entire ES family.
Aalda Stormecrowe
RotP
Ceum

Post by Ceum »

This is.. I'm just.. floored and speechless.

I have truly fond memories of Sonami from Velious, and Shades of Fire...

It's really shocking to me, and I can think of nothing much more to add, other than Sonami was truly a class act- player and person.

When this really "hits me"- I hope I'm somewhere rather secluded... my wife, family and friends really don't understand how even "virtual relationships" are *still* relationships, and this loss is a doozy.

Here's extending my deepest sympathies to Sonami's family and friends.

/ninj4hugz~ to Thalsa, Sazzzzzzzzyxus, Jv '...' Tudana, Gumby and the rest of you ES'ers and SoF'ers I should be bonked over the head for forgetting to include here...

Be well, or better, or even- just plain BE

Warmest Regards,

Kam'

Brother Ceum Tran'Kwil (old-skewl newbie)
Brother Zkar
aka Monty, Chanzen, Clerissa, and Ekho Ekho the Bard
Kaylanitp

Post by Kaylanitp »

Very sadden to hear about Sonomi (Matt). I can only offer my hearfelt condolences and prayers to him and his family RL and ES.. Much to young to pass on.. :cry:

/bow...
Vinlaiven

Post by Vinlaiven »

Wow how truely sad it was to hear of this. I had just talked to Sonami right before the merger about coming back to TP and ES. Something like this really makes you appreciate every interaction you have with someone.

My condolences to his family and friends

EQ has lost a great Chanter and RL lost a good person.

Paul aka Vinlaiven/Vinsinar
Last edited by Vinlaiven on Tue May 10, 2005 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tanarfin

Post by Tanarfin »

My deepest condolences on your loss.
Kamiel

Post by Kamiel »

I may be new to the guild, and I didn't get a chance to know Matt very well, but from reading everyones posts I feel as if I have missed out on getting to know a great person and player. This was a total shock to me when I found out and even though I did not know him very well, it saddens me greatly. Matt must have been an amazing person to have touched so many people, and my prayers go out to everyone affetced by this in anyway. Wish we could have been able to know each other a little better Matt.... rest in peace...
Finare

Post by Finare »

My condolences go out to ES and to Sonami's Family and Friends

Finare
berben

Post by berben »

Fazin is there a ES Flower Fund i can put into? Instead of everyone sending different flowers? Would be nice to just get 1 large one.
Lorai

Post by Lorai »

Berben, here is the obituary link. The family suggests contributions to a local school library in lieu of flowers.

http://www.legacy.com/WashingtonPost/Le ... Id=3525500

L
aulinya

Post by aulinya »

I did call the school and clarify that the check should be made out to "Friends of Lake Anne".
Aulinya Sonos
Muse of the 73rd Song

"The queenly bard
Must smile the chords rudely and hard,
As with hammer or with mace;
That they may render back
Artful thunder" -Ralph Waldo Emerson
berben

Post by berben »

thank you
Sparkedfire

Post by Sparkedfire »

Since i cant get to guild only part.... If anyone is going to the showing on thursday and wouldnt mind another person to tag along, i would love to be able to go, but right now i have no way of getting there, so if ya could email me at Leader_wolfe5@hotmail.com