failed to connect

Moderator: Moderators

Gibsalot
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

failed to connect

Post by Gibsalot »

Hello everyone im still around just unable to play been having tec issues for a couple of weeks now, im at the limit of my tec know how and as of yet if anything all i have done is managed to make the issue worse.
so to start a few weeks ago i tryed to log in click the EQ icon the launchpad splash screen poped up spun for a second then instead of switching to the actual launchpad screen to hit play. it stayed on the initial splash screen and gave me a can not connect error of 4-400. i tryed the normal delete the libs cash / cookies file relaunch same result. googled it found an older post on DB forums with a laundry list of things to do when you get the cant connect error including deleting certain files , changing internet security options, changing and adding eceptions to windows defender , useing CMD commands to reset all of the ipconfig / DNS connections. tryed them all with the same result nothing changed.
had valentine vacation planed so i left it for the weekend figured id come back to it later came back got busy doing other things ended up being tue night befor i got back to messing with it realised the next morning was patch day and maby that would fix the issue.
wed patch day opend EQ still cant connect so i loaded it on the wifes computer let it download the patch update coppyed the entire EQ file and moved it to my computer pasted right into my EQ file let it replace all duplicates to ensure it was fully updated along with replaced any possible corruped files and ........ still cant connect same 4-400 error

extream mesures desided it was a good time to open the comp up and do a full clean out so i cracked the case and cleaned everything out
follwed up by wiping the HDD clean and doign a fresh install of Win 10 installed all drivers and windows updates went to DB web page clicked download the game the installer installs old direct X 9.0c and then installs a very basic launchpad patcher .......... witch never connects and gives me the 4-400 error yet agin.
more googling and web serching even checking the forems of Other games ran by DB for simmiler issues seems they all use a very similer launchpad system as EQ and have the same issues.
one person said it ended up being some setting in his MoBo bios he had to update his bios ........ figured why not have never updated the bios on this Mobo .... turns out its bios is from 2019 flashed it to the newest update from Oct 2022 no change

shorten this up a little
things i have tryed to fix the issue
fresh install of windows 10 , upgraded to windows 11, downgraded back to windows 10
copyed a complete known working EQ from another computer to my computer
flushed / reset all IPconfig connections
added exseptions / rule changes to windows defendor antivirus
changed internet security options
moved computer location to hard wire direct into router and stoped useing WiFi
completly reset router / found and loaded a router bios update
unpluged / removed all non essential componits hooked up to computer

doing all of this results in ither launchpad giving me the cant connect error 4-400 error or a launchpad splash screen that spins indefinatly and never connects or shows an error , or the outline of the launchpad with a completly black screen that never loads

i can however confirm that with the up to date EQ from the other comp i can use MQ to completly bypass the launchpad and load direct into a char and the game will start up and run but that forces me to have MQ running
#1 im still learning the system #2 i Refuse to have it turned on durring raids esp as a pet class even with no macros running and only useing MQ to ( load the game ) it does still do stuff in the back ground the #1 annoying thing is it messes with the pet completly changes the way i exspect the pet to behave in a given situation / commanded

my system is
Asus Tuff gaming X570 plus Wifi
AMD Ryzen5 2600 CPU
AMD Radeon RX 5700xt GPU
32 gig RAM
1TB M.2 SSD ( OS and all apps / games )
1TB M.2 SSD ( back up temp storage )
LSI SAS controller connected to IBM SAS breakout board ( have disconnected this to rule out interferance )

if anyone has any ideas thinks of anything im missing any help would be appretiated at this point i have hit a wall and dont know what to do
Beldin Feldegast
Halaster themad
Gibsalot

Post by Gibsalot »

im positive its some comminications issue as MQ will let me load the game and play , i dont think its my home router as i have 2 other computers in the house with EQ that can connect and play just not my computer
Beldin Feldegast
Halaster themad
Rapitiss
Officer

Post by Rapitiss »

You can make a batch file to bypass the the launcher and log in as normal.

I think it is something like:

eqgame.exe /patchme

Or load up using MQ and then type /unload

I wish I had a suggestion to try and fix the connection issue.

It could be a firewall issue but that seems kind of odd because you can still get into the game and visit the db forums.
Gibsalot

Post by Gibsalot »

OOoo /unload nice i was unaware of this option .............. its not perfect but it is a work around i can deal with
Beldin Feldegast
Halaster themad
Gibsalot

Post by Gibsalot »

connection issue solved . . . . . . .

new computer upgrades came in new Mobo and a new 2TB NVME
striped everything out rebuilt the rig booted off the old 1TB Sata M.2 to prep it for clone over to the new nvme on a whim desided click EQ connected right up and loaded into the game ................

no idea what could of been the issue where the old Mobo would not let EQ connect
i honestly dint even think that would have an effect
old Mobo is still in great shape works fine and is being passed down the youngest for his first computer
Beldin Feldegast
Halaster themad
Rapitiss
Officer

Post by Rapitiss »

Obviously the EQ gods desired you to get a new rig !
Gibsalot

Post by Gibsalot »

droped the Asus tuf gaming Mobo picked up an ASRock X570 TAICHI

Mostly for the 3x full 16x PCIe slots
however after gettiing it much better quality board weigh's like 7 or 8 lbs and is aboslutly covered in solid aluminum heat sinks on everything that can posibly get hot , as well as noticably beefed up power phases

now im wishing id of upgraded CPU's as well
Beldin Feldegast
Halaster themad
Rapitiss
Officer

Post by Rapitiss »

Gibsalot wrote:now im wishing id of upgraded CPU's as well
Is it like remodeling your house?

Hey hun, we need to replace these ceiling fans, its ok a couple $100 dollars.

OK ...

Oh while we were replacing the ceiling fans we noticed how badly the walls need refinishing its only a couple $100 ...

Sigh ... ok ...

Well while we were painting the walls noticed how badly the floors creek and groan, really should ....

Maybe we should just knock out this wall and expand the kitchen ...