my weekend sucked

Moderator: Moderators

Zargut
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

my weekend sucked

Post by Zargut »

Have been working on my "laundry closet" plan where I am turning a small bedroom next to the master, into a walk in laundry closet. It will have very nice closet setup and the washer and dryer and folding table all in one room! So it will make life much easier!

The current setup in the basement is a pita, carry clothes up and down stairs and through garage, risk of spiders etc etc. So I finally got around to plumbing the dryer vent. To save money on an already expensive project, I decided to re-use the old vent pipes. Upon removal I saw they had a good 2" of lint buildup, scary fire hazard probably never cleaned in 40 years.

So I spent about 2 hours, took them all outside with a brush and a leaf blower, disassembled, cleaned and then reused in new location. Got it all set up, kind of sketchy but will work for now (need another trip to lowes). Bring dryer up the stairs by myself, a bit of clunking about trying to carry it up the stairs by myself. But I got er done!

Hook everything up, looks great. Set time and hit start to test annnnd... big bunch of sparks and smoke from dryer control panel, then the vent pipes all break loose at an old elbow joint up high, and fall to the floor in a pile. I just stand there in shock.

So I decide I will at least get the new slow close toilet seat put on. And as I am installing it I easily snap one of the plastic bolts. Old seat has metal but different bolts so back on goes the old seat.

So at this point, I am 0 for 2, I know when I am done and just start drinking. fook it there's always next weekend and lowes isn't going anywhere.
Rapitiss
Officer

Post by Rapitiss »

I hate projects like that. They never go right.
Lorai

Post by Lorai »

You video taped it all right? Step-by-step to put on YouTube right?

I would watch it :P

~ Why is there never enough time to do something right the first time, but always time to do it over? ~
Leska

Post by Leska »

lorai, Tunare would be very disappointed. time to reroll as a rogue and have Bristlebane for a god?

Leska