4-503 error

Moderator: Moderators

Gibsalot
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

4-503 error

Post by Gibsalot »

i have been having an issue recently where i click the launch pad it opends and spins for a few seconds then i get a genereic screen of cant connect with a 4-503 error and a few lings to posible solutions most of them are the obious go into lib's and delete cash ect ect .. even gone so far as to make copies of user data and wipe EQ with fresh install and maby ill get 1 or 2 goot start ups but then im right back to the cant connect 4-503 error....... after complete frustration and loads of googling and even reseting my router a few to many times i think i have figured out the cause and so far have found a workaround ....... as for a permanent fix thats gona have to be up to DB to fix...

this is what i have noticed and even found while googling the exact same issue with the same results for a person playing H1n1 another DB game. dubble click the patcher let it load when you get to the cant connect screen leave it up , Ctr/Alt/Del open task mgr , click on the details tab at the top scroll down and find GameLauncherCefChildProcess.exe this is the Exe launcher runs in the background to do all of its connections and checks ((((( You should only have ONE of thies running ever )))) for some reason ither when game is closed it never shuts down the previous one running OR when opening launchpad its starting Multiple instiances of this program.

The work around it while the launch pad it open and on the cant connect screen start clickign on any duplicates of this program in the details second of task mgr right click and select end process tree , once u have the unneeded ones closed you should see your launch pad screen connect and display correctly
Beldin Feldegast
Halaster themad
Gibsalot

Post by Gibsalot »

after further checking the launch pad is indeed opening 3 instances of this upon start up , they are not leftovers from a previous running EQ client
Beldin Feldegast
Halaster themad
Zargut

Post by Zargut »

Are you fully up to date with all drivers and windows updates?