Confused

Moderator: Moderators

Keeraamiir
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Confused

Post by Keeraamiir »

Is anyone else having a problem with the page where after opening one topic not yet read that after returning to the Index all topics are marked read? I am not able to read all of the current posts due to this and going through them all manually and scrolling to the end of each and every thread is getting tedious.

If it is just me then I know it is a problem with my computer but this seems to be the only page I am having a problem with so figure it must be a problem with the page. It has been happening for a few days now. Closing the page completely out and reopening doesn't seem to help either.
Rapitiss
Officer

Post by Rapitiss »

It happens to me occasionally if I take too long read or post something. The way to work around it is to open each link when you arrive.

1. "View posts since last visit" which gives the listing.

2. Left click "open in new tab" each of the threads.
Keeraamiir

Post by Keeraamiir »

Thanks a ton Rapitiss. That helped a lot.
Lorai

Post by Lorai »

This is new, it's been happening to me for the last month, about.

It seems the site timer is logging me out minutes after I log in, even though I am actively clicking on threads.

After I read the 1st new (yellow highlighted) post I see, I'll click back to look at the next, but then I'm asked to sign in again. After I do, nothing is yellow anymore, so I have to try to remember which forums were highlighted, and/or look at the dates to figure if there is a new post or not.

In fact, the time it took me to write this (1 minute) I was logged out when I hit Submit. I was able to hit the Back button and copy what I wrote, hit Submit, and signed back into an empty post box. This happens to me every time I make a post.

~ Why is there never enough time to do something right the first time, but always time to do it over? ~
Alsmack
Officer

Post by Alsmack »

This board is an ancient version of phpBB with quite a few bugs. I haven't had a chance to upgrade it, plus we'd lose our roster functionality (which is probably fine to be lost at this point) once I do which has historically been the primary reason I haven't.

I think most of the problems come from cookies containing old/expired sessions, or just sessions that don't sync up with the DB. If you ever have weird stuff going on, log out, remove your cookies for the site, then log back in. I think the session gets goofed up.

That said, if we don't care about the current style (fixed width like it's 1999) and roster/flags features, I could easily upgrade to a newer version of the board with better security and a ton of bug fixes.
Alsmack | Rezlar | Dpses | Lynis | Medissin | Arbutus
Westwynd

Post by Westwynd »

I could help you get a simple machine forums setup if you are interested. Better security and easier upgrades.