New computer build help

Moderator: Moderators

wahnil
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

New computer build help

Post by wahnil »

I haven't build a computer in a very long time. Building it im not worry,but choosing the right pieces im really out of date. I am on a budget of $800 and no more than $1000

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49B2z ... sp=sharing

here a link to my build any advice would be helpful
Faeodorus

Post by Faeodorus »

Personally I would go with this ram, I know it's a little more but it's a lot (~18% if my math is correct?) faster due to the lower latency.
Also a gtx 1060 would be something to consider for the additional power gaming. You could even drop down to a 4-core ryzen since most games are not yet optimized for more than 4-cores/8-threads. Also a 2.5" SSD or even better yet a m.2 ssd (pcie x4) would really help boot/load times. I wouldn't make a traditional hdd my only drive/boot drive.

If you're just focused on having a great rig for EQ I would stick with your gtx 1050ti and upgrade the ram and grab the m.2 ssd. If you're into playing the newest/more graphically intense games I would upgrade to a gtx 1060 and grab an m.2 ssd. Either of those paths should keep you within budget, especially if you drop to a 4-core Ryzen.

Just my $0.02, I'm sure people will have other opinions. Just built a rig myself so I understand the struggle between price and performance is real.
Rapitiss
Officer

Post by Rapitiss »

For EQ performance, you want high CPU speed with enough graphics card not to slow you down.

For general performance you want to move away from hard drives to some form of SSD or m.2 for storage because they offer a HUGE performance gain when you are loading. OS start times go from 60s -> 20s. Other applications will not be as large but are very noticeable.

Google "PC part picker". Great site to do research and see what other people have paired together.

I generally spend a week or two reading review sites like tom's hardware or anadtech to see what they are recommending. Both sites have periodic "best build for $$$" which can be interesting.
Phaolin

Post by Phaolin »

Check out www.newegg.com also. They have some nice build-your-own kits. All parts compatible & usually a nice price.