Newtown, Connecticut

Moderator: Moderators

Ylyrra
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Newtown, Connecticut

Post by Ylyrra »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/ ... U120121214

It is said that when sorrow is shared, it is halved. Sorrow this deep - no matter how many times shared is still unimaginably horrific. My heart and most profound sympathy go out to the families of those lost to this tragedy.

:cry:
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.
Kazh
Guild Leader

Post by Kazh »

Just terrible. Unbelievable that some sick %^@! could do something like that. :(
Image Kazh
Crusader of Greenmist - Tholuxe Paells Server - Leader of Eternal Sovereign
~ FAFO ~ Hating SOE/DBG since 2001 ~

Sweet is sleep to me and even more to be of stone, while the wrong and shame endure.
To be without sight or sense is a most happy change for me, therefore do not rouse me.
Hush! Speak low. --Michelangelo
Mellifleur

Post by Mellifleur »

You know... the timing... always talking about the Gun Ban they have been wanting to pass...

I think I am going to cross over to the side alot more people have been talking about lately and thinking...

The timing of these "mass Killings" seems all too convenient....

We haven't had mass shootings like this is over 300 years as a country.

Something smells awfully fishy here.
Nefretiri

Post by Nefretiri »

there have actually always been mass killings, but the media only goes berzerk on reporting the gun ones. One of the worst mass murders ever didn't even involve a gun. A nut locked the doors to a church and set it on fire, killing over 100 people.

A few weeks ago, a nut walked into a school and started shooting people with a crossbow, including his father who was a professor. how much non-stop news coverage did that generate?

In china recently, a man walking into a school and stabbed 22 children with a knife

Gun bans won't stop the killings, people will just find alternatives. Guns are tools, they have no emotion, and they don't pull their own triggers. People kill people.

If just one adult in that school had a concealed carry and was allowed to have their gun in that school it might have been stopped. then again, maybe not, but the odds are better when you have the tool to defend your self.

These nuts pick areas where they know there will be no guns so their victims can't fight back. shows how effective the "gun free zone" actually is, doesn't it.
Timothian

Post by Timothian »

This is a horrific event, I can't imagine what the parents freinds and families are going through.

Mel: I hope your statement "The timing of these "mass Killings" seems all too convenient.... " is not implying in anyway that antigun people are somehow orchestrating these events, that is just pure nuts.

This is just a tradgedy with the root cause being a crazy person.
Aaeadiel
Whipsnade

Post by Whipsnade »

Being pro-gun, I can hear already politicians looking for re-election crying for gun control... Sick people will always be able to get a hold of weapons... It will take good people who are armed to stop tragedies like this... As much as law enforcement try, there is simply no response time that is quick enough... Columbine, Virginia Tech and this one are all evidence of this.
If you are anti gun, please direct your rage where it belongs. In the lack of education and counseling for the individuals who do this, in the horrific parenting these individuals must have to have let them come to these ends. May all of the victims rest in piece and may the shooter rot in the deepest hell there is.
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.h ... 964">Click for Whip's Profile</a>
Whipsnade - Huntmaster of Tunare
Jimro - Rogue of the 64th Season
If it bleeds we can kill it!
Chakkorisi

Post by Chakkorisi »

Newtown is but a hop skip and a jump from me. It is very rural, as you have all probably gathered from the news whores that have swarmed in on the town, like flies to shit.

My little niece and nephew are in the same grade ranges as these poor children from Newtown. They go to school a few miles from Newtown in the next town over.

Very tragic.

"Oh, hell, anything you can uncork, uncap or unscrew, I'll drink it!"
Ylyrra

Post by Ylyrra »

I wondered how far it was from you Chakky. And yes, you are right about the news coverage. I chose not to watch them.

/hugs
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.
Alsmack
Officer

Post by Alsmack »

One interesting point is that the media make household names out of these killers.

Most people don't know the names of any of the victims? Why? The media doesn't tell them that. They focus on the killer. He becomes famous, even if it's a bad way. A lot of folks crave that attention... they see an easy way to get it.

I haven't watched the news in years - they are corporate owned and directed and only care about ratings, not actual news or journalism. It's a for-profit business, and thus, it will be skewed towards what makes money, not what matters.
Alsmack | Rezlar | Dpses | Lynis | Medissin | Arbutus
Chaldene

Post by Chaldene »

I just finished watching this, and I believe it needs to be shared. This video blows my mind. Even if you won't watch the whole video, I strongly suggest watching the last 3 minutes of it at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9GxXYKx_8&sns=fb
Iane_Blaidd

Post by Iane_Blaidd »

Chaldene wrote:I just finished watching this, and I believe it needs to be shared. This video blows my mind. Even if you won't watch the whole video, I strongly suggest watching the last 3 minutes of it at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx9GxXYKx_8&sns=fb
Great video i had not seen that 1 yet.
I do not know if i agree 100% with what he was saying but he named it in the last 3 mins and i agree if you don't have 25mins to whatch the whole thing just watch the last 3 mins!
Iane Blaidd
105 Druid of Tunare
“Why do I even dare to think I could dream I could imagine I could hope?”
― Dylan Moran