Magelo How-To

Post applications for membership here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ylyrra
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Magelo How-To

Post by Ylyrra »

(Edit: For those getting an error stating they have no JVM installed, please see the following page:
https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml
If you have a 64-bit machine, you're typically going to use both the 32-bit download and the 64-bit download.)

This is a "how-to" for Magelo. While some already know this information, there are others who may not, but do not ask. Sometimes those of us who have been around a while think everyone should just know what we know and that isn't always the case. So, in case you are unfamiliar with Magelo, here goes:

Create an account:
Go to www.magelo.com

Click button at the top of the screen to login / sign up

Log in (if you already have an account) or Create an Account by clicking hyperlink that says Create one now!

If creating an account, select Everquest for your game

If creating an account, complete all of the information, then click submit at the lower right corner of the screen. An email will be sent to the address provided to confirm the account. Go retrieve the email and validate the account and continue the setup process.

Once you are logged in, you will be at the Magelo Home Tab. Select the Everquest tab and My Characters. If you haven't set up any characters yet, you will need to do so.

To add your character to their database, you will need to run Magelo Sync.
***If you have signed up for a premium account, Sync will do everything for you***
***If you have the free account, Sync will only add your character to the database. You will need to add gear, etc. manually.***
DO NOT USE FREE TRIAL - THE ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE PUBLICLY VIEWABLE FOR 30 DAYS
But first, you must install Sync on your computer. Select the Magelo Sync button on the bar at the left side of the page.

You will be taken to the Download page. You can use any of the 3 links noted below (blue boxes). Follow the instructions for installing Sync on your computer.

Once you have downloaded and installed Sync, double click the icon to run it. I recommend that you already be logged in to EQ on the character you wish to create / sync. If so, Sync will automatically detect your logged in character. If you have more than one character logged in, select only those characters you wish to create / sync and click the button Sync Now.

Again - if you have the premium account, you do not have to add gear or anything. You may skip to the end. Sync has added your gear, AA, etc. If you have the free account, all it did was add you to the database, you will need to manually add gear, etc. Once you have run Sync, your character(s) will appear on the my characters page of Magelo. You will be able to see the date / time of your update. To add gear, select the Edit button (I have added a blue box around it).

Once you select Edit, you will be taken to the Manage my character page. Select Equipment (boxed in blue). Next, you will see the profile for the selected character. If the icon next to it is gold, you are a premium user and Sync has updated your current information. You may make changes if you want, but the information should already be correct. If the icon is grey-blue, you will need to add equipment manually by selecting Main. Also - if the image of the eye has a line through it, your profile is set to private and others will not be able to see it.

Next, you will see the page for removing / adding gear.

Next, update your AA's

Continue updating until your magelo profile matches (as closely as possible) your in-game information. The last step is to make sure your profile is not set to private (unless you want it to be). Back on your Manage my character page, there is an option for Privacy Settings. Select this.

Make sure the checkbox for Make this character private is empty, then click Save.

VOILA - YOU ARE DONE!!
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.