Laptop Crashes

Moderator: Moderators

Kyreth
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Laptop Crashes

Post by Kyreth »

Heya smart computer people!

While I was abroad I'd tried to play EQ a few times, but I kept getting video card crashes, that would persist after rebooting, so after going back to the factory image, I didn't play it again.

I got back from France on Friday, and decided to re-install EQ yesterday to see wat was going on. I managed to set up my UI while sitting in PoK (for four hours, no problems), and even sat in a room in the guild hall for a while, but as soon as I got to Argath and tried to go down the waterfall, my laptop crashed again and I was forced to do a system restore a few times before it went back to normal.

It happened once before in the sauna room in the guild hall, so I'm wondering if it has to do with fog effects?

It's like my screen flashes back with these little colored rectangles all over it until it freezes, and then when I reboot it keeps doing it, even hours later, unless I load it in safe mode and do a few system restores.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Grey would be the color, if I had a heart..
Taunto

Post by Taunto »

have you tried turning fog effects off? noticed any strange fan noise? excess heat? updated your drivers recently?
Zargut

Post by Zargut »

Windows xp or what OS?
Laptop make and model?

To eliminate the gpu, plug in an external monitor and see if problem persists. If problem goes away then it is most likely in the lcd screen or its connection to the gpu and the gpu is fine. If it is the screen they can be replaced.

Tug
grakdrak

Post by grakdrak »

I usually take the gremlins running my computer out for a good beating every now and then. Keeps them on their toes and working hard.