3rd computer not working with wireless adapter

Moderator: Moderators

strongbus
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

3rd computer not working with wireless adapter

Post by strongbus »

hiya all our 3rd computer just stop working with the wireless adapter last night just before raids started. Have tryed uninstalling/resinstalling wireless adapter and not working. I know adapter is fine cause I switched it out for the one on my system and was still able to conect with my system but 3rd was not. Am able to connect to interenct if i go wired on 3rd system. But when try wireless it won't pick up a ip address to connect to internet.
have even tryed restoring the 3rd system and nothing.

any ideas why?
fazin

Post by fazin »

did you check to see if wireless is disabled on your 3rd computer? Perhaps have to go into settings and re-enable wireless capability.
strongbus

Post by strongbus »

i try that fazin bascial whats happen is that the wireless adapter is not picking up the computers ip address
Alsmack
Officer

Post by Alsmack »

Take a step back. Long before IP addresses are involved, it has to find and authenticate with a SSID. Is it seeing your wireless network in the first place?
Alsmack | Rezlar | Dpses | Lynis | Medissin | Arbutus
strongbus

Post by strongbus »

yes alsmack its see the wireless network and connection but with limited connectivity. it connects to the home network fine but not the internet.

if i connect though the onboard card using a wire everthing is fine in fact if i bring up the wireless adapters wizard window with the cord pluged in it show the ip address and works fine but if i remove the cord the ip address is lose and back to just the local network with now internet.
strongbus

Post by strongbus »

ok al of a suden it started working fine agian