no music in velious

Moderator: Moderators

EggbornHatchedrotten
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

no music in velious

Post by EggbornHatchedrotten »

Every few years if I have an issue with Everquest it manages to fix itself. This one hasn't so every few years I inquire about it.

My velious music went away (no Othmir beach music). Aten Ha Ra doesn't make freaky backwards casting noises, and my horse doesn't make running sounds.

I think these are midi files, but I can't find them in my directory. I have run complete patches and updated drivers (to the best of my knowledge) I have soundMax audio on my computer running windows XP. I can run my Finale, Adobe Audition and all my fun music stuff for my job just fine, but no Othmirs.

Any suggestions? The Othmir music works on Antionious's computer with an alt of mine on the same account, so I know it's still in game now. Last time no one could verify that hehe.
fazin

Post by fazin »

they are sound files in your EQ main directory. the music plays on your side and not on server. I'm surprised that you didn't patch them in however. I deleted all the sound files once to save some memory and the patcher repatched it all back in.

It makes me think that you may have a corrupted sound file and may need to delete them to repatch them. (or maybe possibly .ini error)
EggbornHatchedrotten

I don't have files that windows recognizes for these zones. I have some wav files here and there that I can play, but these zones have all sorts of files that I don't know what they are for. I thought they were supposed to be midi files for the older zones. Not sure what to delete, my newer zones work fine.

I only have Wav files, but none for the old zones. I didn't think they used wav files in the past. I do have all the CD's for everquest for two computers.. maybe I could find them there?
fazin

Post by fazin »

I'll have to look in my folder and see what I got. I can probably email them to you so you don't have to use the CD. I hate to have it automatically download and force you to repatch all the patches.

I think it was wav files but honestly it's been years since I delved into the EQ directory, they may well have changed it to midi files. I'll look for you and see if I can find out the names.
EggbornHatchedrotten

it was midi before it was wav. Thanks for looking!