Graphic Cards and Laptops

Moderator: Moderators

Proxzemidus
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Graphic Cards and Laptops

Post by Proxzemidus »

As it is atm my graphic card is inefficent for what i need on my laptop(laggy with raids and such).

I currently have a Sony Viao and was wondering if anyone can reccommend a graphic card or at least able to tell me if i ahve the slots/capability of adding a graphic card.

VGN-NS130D is the model i currently have and its Canadian. Any advice, help be appreciated. Runnin at 3GB of ram also which is good enough compared to main Comp that had 2GB. and that i have a faster duo core on laptop, just lack the graphics i thk.

Thx all.
Alsmack
Officer

Post by Alsmack »

That model laptop does not support add-in dedicated graphics cards.

That leaves two options:

(a) A docking station with ability to house independent graphics card (would usually require a separate monitor too, not always - do not know if sony supports this)

(b) An "external" video card - I've heard of these, not sure how well they would work, but there was a USB to PCI Express graphics adapter out there some time ago. Note: Most of these are just for 2d work, and most of them performance will be the same if not worse than your existing stuff.
Alsmack | Rezlar | Dpses | Lynis | Medissin | Arbutus
Proxzemidus

Post by Proxzemidus »

thanks a ton alsmack guess ill be laggy during raids with laptop . shoulda planned a bit more when i bought it lol.
Finchy

Post by Finchy »

do you have all your in game graphics turned down, and all the extra stuff turned off in game options, and use old school models cept for your class/race so you can use a mount still?...doing that greatly improves performance
Ubdaien

Post by Ubdaien »

Ati Mobility Radeon works great for me!

But I guess you cant add that in? haha woops.