Hi from a long lost member

Moderator: Moderators

Vinlaiven
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Hi from a long lost member

Post by Vinlaiven »

Most of may not remember me since its been about 4 yrs although I did pop in to say Hi and check on ES happenings a few times over the years.

I will say in all my travels around the virtual universes I have never come across, been involved with another community or guild that matched my experience with ES. The memories of Fazin, Thalsa and Belq teaching a young wizzie the art of pulling aggro and dying quickly to start a raid are permanently part of my gaming life.

With the recent changes, EQ has a new appeal to me so I going to blow the dust of my accounts and see what it looks like. Although Vinlaiven no longer exist Vinsinar and a few of my other alts are still around.

Now if Judagirl, Bolio, Piro on his mage, Belq and Mingo (orginal) would come back and play you would have a real EQ revival.

I need to figure out were to start this world is alot bigger than I remember.
Last edited by Vinlaiven on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thalsadoom

Post by Thalsadoom »

Hey Vin. Good to hear from you man.
fazin

Post by fazin »

Did you sell vin or delete him? you can have him restored if so. SoE usually keep copies of all characters.

But in any event, I'm still teaching raiders to die :P

Talk to me ingame. I'm still around, they ain't getting rid of me that easily.
homework

Post by homework »

fazin wrote:But in any event, I'm still teaching raiders to die :P
By example I presume? :)
Vinlaiven

Post by Vinlaiven »

Na I donated him to Inverse Logic he was being used as a port bot mostly anyway since my main was BL at that time. I was so burnt from raiding 6 days a week for a year I swore I would never play again.

Well you know what they say never say never.
Tudana

Post by Tudana »

Hi Vin, good to see more returing!

i just returned myself from a 4yr retirement, as you can see by my thread here on general, i felt the same way about what ES & EQ really mean to me ;)...it just took me awhile to come to these awakening, but it is true! now i know, theres no greener grass in the MMO world...

As for where to start off in EQ now...I would like to share with you the path I decided to follow to best get me back in the swing of things, back in Oct when I first got back (with Fazin helping teach me some of the newer stuff in game along the way- he is a great pain in the ass mentor), returning to raid status/group status.

TBS Content:
ES is still raiding in The Buried Sea expansion (Solteris Raids) FYI, and getting flagged for this was all i worked on to start, I am not doing any Faction work or studing/researching anything about the content...leaving all my attanetion fall on SOF and SOD. But I am able to join them on raids there weekly without being gimped in, which is helpful.

SOF Content:
This is where my raid gear wishlist is currently concentrating on, ES is still highly raiding this content and breaking in new raids, so this I would consider the most current raid content for ES. So I am concentrating in the Secrets of Faydar expansion, gaining raid access, epic quests, faction, doing quests there mainly to gear up and gain AAs/EXP.

SOD Content:
I will be starting some Seeds of Destruction content soon, so the Guild dont get to far ahead of me there, while still catching up to them in SOF. ES just recently started touching the raids here, some members in ES have shot well ahead of the others in the group content access in the voids...which is what i will be working on soon myself, to catch up there...also to reach lv 85 :)

So far this has been working for me...as a Warrior my gear is highly required to perform my role in a raid/group, So I have been making slow and steady process to become the warrior I used to be, but for now, its still not up to par yet, but i can attend raids due to working on the SOF raid access stuff, to be with the guild there, and help strenghen me up.

Hope this helps and welcome back.
fazin

Post by fazin »

Play whatever toon you want (nudge wizzy nudge!)

I'll be on at around 7pm EST tonite if you need to ask me anything.