Best response I ever read

Moderator: Moderators

Gadjett
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Best response I ever read

Post by Gadjett »

This was a response to a LoTR post on if dwarves and orcs asexually reproduce and somewhere someone hijacked it and for about 2 pages it turned into a flame war which brought on this response.....

Thirty-three were killed and hundreds injured when a thread derailed in mid-morning on the Lord of the Rings Online forum.

"I'm still not sure what happened," noted one lurker. "One minute everybody was having a civil discussion about bearded women and orc souls the next thing you know BAM! Everything went to Hell."

Turbine has yet to weigh in with an official statement of the reasons behind the disaster. Eyewitness accounts agree that the thread was proceeding towards its goal at a breakneck pace, with every comment causing it to gain even more momentum. Without warning, the thread jumped the tracks and skidded two miles, shattering a water tower and two grain silos before coming to rest in the living room of a local farmer.

Old Man Caruthers, the owner of said living room, was philosophical about the thread's wanton destruction of his house. "These things happen, I guess. A thread starts moving along at a fair clip and people start getting passionate, and it only takes one offhand comment to throw it completely off the tracks. When you get two or three comments like that, you can get a disaster like this."

There is still no indication whether or not the thread is still salvageable, but there seems to be a general consensus that it will require the efforts of the entire community to get it back on track.
Ylyrra

Post by Ylyrra »

Haha.. that is very well done! I love that poster's sense of humor and creativity.
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.