Swapped Stolen IPOD

Moderator: Moderators

Timothian
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Swapped Stolen IPOD

Post by Timothian »

Any IPOD experts out there?

My daughter has 30gb video ipod. Someone took her ipod and swapped it with an ipod that was not working. (She and I had no reason to suspect it was another IPOD since it was in her ipod case).

Several weeks went by, and I ended up fixing the IPOD by replacing the battery and this ipod now works. However upon starting it, we realized it was not her ipod, it had totally differnt songs, and had the name, "Cris's ipod"

I am stumped as how to handle this situation.

1. Can I track down the owner of this 'new' ipod?
2. Will my daughter have any issues registering and using this new ipod that was clearly someone elses?

I sent an email to apple support today asking them these questions, no response yet.

The new ipod has serial number of 4J602ZBMSZ9
Trying to locate the serial number of my daughters IPOD, can't find the packaging it came in, but hopefully we can find it. I am sure apple knows her serial number since we registered the product and and she has an itunes account set up.

We are all failry angry about this right now as it is not only an expensive item, but also outrageous that someone would do this. At a minimum want to talk to the parents of whoever did this.
Last edited by Timothian on Sat May 24, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaeadiel
wanadan

Post by wanadan »

honestly aae im not suprised because most people these days seem to not have a heart.... they don't care for any1 other then themselves... ive seen plenty of times at my job where people leave there cell phones/purses around games and ill do the right thing 100% of the time and bring it up to the front to the lost and found... but then you will get these people that will find the item and take it home or take whats inside of it.... its sad yes but that is how most people are taught by their parents and people around them these days and like i said it is very sad....

now as the I-Pod goes....for the time being if you plug the ipod into the Computer and go to itunes you will see the ipod pop up and then you will see a restore option... restore the I-Pod to your computer and then you will be able to put her music onto that I-Pod.... as for apple from what i remember they have horrible customer service... but since u have all the serial numbers in order and her account registered maybe there won't be a problem but if anything i would take it to local authorities because i doubt apple would release that kids personal information to you but they would have to release it to the cops
Gadjett

Post by Gadjett »

If you know the serieal number or have it registered thru say itunes or apple you can aways tell them it was stolen and usually can trace the IP address of the internet when it goes to sync up with the system....