Laleldil (Bill)

Moderator: Moderators

Ryanna
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Laleldil (Bill)

Post by Ryanna »

I have been asked to make a post here in the general section for people out of ES who want to wish Lale well.

As you all know, Bill was in an electrical accident at work on the evening of Tuesday, Jan 8. He is currently in the ICU fighting for his life with burns over 40% of his body, most of which are 3rd degree.

His prognonsis was 5% chance to survive on Wednesday. Today (Thursday), I spent 6 hours at the hospital with Lale and his family. And here is what I know:

They put in a trig, Bill is NOT breathing completely on his own, BUT he is breathing better than he was yesterday but is still not out of the woods.

He is currently being kept in a medically induced coma, they plan to wake him up slowly this weekend.

They are not yet sure if his eyes were damaged by the heat even though he was wearing safety glasses.

He most likely will not need skin graphs on his face, the nurse said it should almost completely heal with minimal scarring. He will however need them on his chest and his upper right arm. His face is very swollen, but family members tell me he does look better than he did yesterday and that the swelling had gone down some.

They put in a feeding tube for him today, he needs plenty of protien to help the burns heal.

He is going in for surgery tomorrow morning to remove the crap out of his burns.

Also, I was told by the nurse that Bill is responding as he should to all the treatment so far.

Bill is still very much in a Critial Condition fighting for his life and very much still needs all our thoughts and prayers.

That is all I know at this time.

I will be sure to update you as I know more.

Ryanna
Last edited by Ryanna on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imtoosexy

Post by imtoosexy »

You are in my prayers hun.....I wish you a safe and healthy recovery~

Imtoosexy~Omani
Harp

Post by Harp »

Get well soon, old friend.

Harp Singlestring - Retired Ranger
thipsycho

Post by thipsycho »

i will pray for ya bro i wish you get better fast
Ryanna

Post by Ryanna »

Update from Pam on Bill posted - Jan 16, 2008 10:17 AM

"Hello Everyone

I am letting you know that Bill is doing ok... he is more active, more responsive... but still doesn't know anyone...
His blood pressure is up... and he has a temperature of 102 degrees...
they are now feeding him 70 ml of liquid food.... he is going into surgery tomorrow morning unless something changes... then it will be on Friday...
All the love and prayers are working... they don't give us good news therefore they cannot be held responsible for anything they say...
MiOSHA has been at the shop for the last few days... they are working hard to find out what happened... gossip and rumors are flying everywhere... but then that is to be expected... they have gotten the soot and debris out of his lungs... it is a milky color... which they say is normal for people who are on an airway... the doctor is suppose to talk with me today sometime... we will see how that goes... right now they are doing rounds... and changing the dressings... it now takes about 3 hours to change the dressings... his nurses say there isn't much to report but I am trying to keep eveyone updated... I hope this helps...
our love to one and all

Pam"
imtoosexy

Post by imtoosexy »

It's so good to hear that the prayers are working hun~ I hope they continue to work, for I am still praying and hoping for the best. My heart and sympathy goes out to his family and friends. I cant even begin to grasp how this may be affecting everyone thats close to him.
God works in mysterious ways, and I feel that he will be able to get through this......!

Imtoosexy; Omani
Ryanna

Post by Ryanna »

I regret to inform all of you who have been keeping up on and asking about Bills (Laleldil) progress that he passed away on Monday afternoon.

http://www.heraldpalladium.com/newsmem2 ... ag_7_1.gif

William D. LaVanway, 54, Eau Claire, died Feb. 4 at Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo. Legacy Family Funeral Services-Matthew R. Purchase Chapel, Berrien Springs, 471-2700.

http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/ho ... h_id=10160

I am sorry I cant be more helpful at this time and thank you Kazh for this info.

Ry
imtoosexy

Post by imtoosexy »

I am here to represent Omani, in a whole. Unfortunately we all have heard the news, of the late Laleldil (Bill) and are deeply saddened by his death..... :( . I want to take this moment with all of you (Omani, friends/ES/family), please put your heads down and remember this wonderful cleric/father/friend/etc; whom we have all learned to love and trust. Omani wishes Laleldil (Bill's) family and friends our regards, in hopes that he will not be mourned over; however he will simply be remembered for all the things he has achieved in life, and in Everquest.

He will always be remembered ! :)

Imtoosexy 78 cleric
Omani~
Harp

Post by Harp »

I am deeply saddened by this tragedy. A more charitable soul did not exist in the land of Norrath. I will always remember the kindly old cleric, his long yet humorous stories, and the good times we shared all those years ago when everquest was still a new and exciting place for me.
Harp Singlestring - Retired Ranger
Kitanajade

Post by Kitanajade »

This is some really bad news and makes me very sad to read. . he was a good man. good player.

may be rest in peace and be in our memories.

From Tim & Jennifer sebastian Florida
Kitanajade

Post by Kitanajade »

This is from my wife. you knew her from playing kitanajade when i was playing Dragonsis my sk

I did not know Bill in person, but he and I shared chat conversations. His dry humor often dissolved stressful situations. He blessed all whose life he touched with the wisdom found in laughter. Know that he is smiling down on us, and never forget that smile.
Magnusver

Post by Magnusver »

I am Deeply Sadended by this..MY and My Familys Prayers go out to His Family. He will be Missed but Not Forgotten...He was a Nice Guy and a Great Guildmate/Groupmate....Always willing to help ....and I will miss him.
Amanrah

Post by Amanrah »

Hello all I hope you are all doing well. It has been a while since I have had a chance to be on and I am deeply sadened by the loss of Laleldil. I can't even begin to tell you how much respect I had for that man. You could always count on him for a different perspective on life and from just the way he was in game can only tell you how much of a great person he was outside of it. My words don't flow as easily as they did for Laleldil and I would say more but am unable to still have this sink in. I hope you are all well friends. My prayers go out to his family and friends and may he find peace on the other side.
XaclylospradaX

Post by XaclylospradaX »

I was stricken with grief reading the front page today. I remember doing Ldon with lale, he was always a great person to group with.

Sorry for your loss.