Custom Audio Triggers (your new best friend)

Moderator: Moderators

yanti
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Custom Audio Triggers (your new best friend)

Post by yanti »

This post is instructions for creating sound wavs for audio triggers AND how to apply them to your toon.

Step 1: Figure out what you need/want triggers for. As a person who multi-boxes, I find the following to be very useful. Format is Pattern = Sound.

- Your spell fizzles = Fizzle
- Resisted = Resisted
- Cannot see = Get closer
- Out of range = Get closer
- Your spell is interrupted = Thump (this sound does not need to be created)
- You haven't recovered = Thump
- Sense your doom = Burden
- Target Debuffed (for when mage malo or chanter tash lands)
- Slows = Target slowed (chanter)
- Looses control = Target crippled (chanter)
- Assist = Open fire
- DPS on = Open fire
- DPS off = No DPS
- Granted gift of radiant mana = One mana point
- renewal rk. ii has worn off = Cast renewal (Promised Renewal for cleric)

Step 2: Create the sound wav. Go to: http://public.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
- Close out of EQ.
- After you've made the triggers and put them in your audio trig folder, load up EQ.
NOTE: If you are in the game while making/moving the trigs into the folder, the sound wavs will NOT appear. You must be out/restart EQ so the files scan picks them up and makes them usable.

How to use the website:
1. Choose a voice. I like Mike or Crystal; their voices seem clearest to me.
2. Choose what you want the wav file to say. Some words (like RED) are muffled so you may want to spell words out phonetically (like RE-ED) to make it sound right.
3. Download the file to your desktop. Open it, listen to it. If you dislike it, trash it and make another. If you like it, change the file name and move it to your sony/everquest/audio triggers file (shared or default doesn't matter. I tend to drop in default though).

Step 3: If you followed steps 1 & 2, you are ready to make your triggers.
- Click your EQ button.
- Go to Actions
- Click on Audio Triggers
- A window pops up with multiple buttons on top, and a TRIGGER SET
- Select your trigger set (if you did like I did, your trigs are in DEFAULT)
- In PATTERN box, type the message you want game to recognize. Example: your spell fizzles
- In SOUND box, use drop down arrow to select that sound that corresponds the pattern. Example: Fizzle
- Click CREATE (to make new trigger) or click APPLY (to change the sound for that pattern)
- Now every time "your spell fizzles" goes through any of your windows, you will hear "Fizzle".

Step 4: Below are some REQUIRED audio triggers. Data format is Pattern = Suggested Sound (what action you need to take).

NOTE: Do not put the double dashes into your "pattern". I used them simply to denote a new line of text/identify separate triggers.

HATCHET: Mob is highly mobile and has an axe that he will throw at you. You need to move him or yourself immediately!

-- Hatchet hefts = run away (run to farthest corner away from mob; stay there until "danger is gone")
-- Hatchet lifts = run between his legs (stand under the mob; stay there until "danger is gone")
-- Hatchet levels = duck (hit d key; interrupt cast if necessary; stay there until "danger is gone")
-- Hatchet locks = run him to the trap (mob chasing you; lead him to floor trap so he can be locked down)
-- Hatchet the Torturer levels = charge
-- You outdistance = danger is gone (get back into the fight)
-- by darting = danger is gone (get back into the fight)
-- Hatchet's axe passes = danger is gone (get back into fight)

DEVLIN: During this event, your screen will shake several times. After each shake, Devlin changes weapons. The THREE you need to be concerned with are...
- Vial form: the vials are grenades. They will be tossed at someone and the explosion will hit everyone around Delvin's target.
- With shield: If Devlin is carrying a shield, do NOT cast spells on him. A druid or wizzy MUST break that shield first.
- Without shield: Once shield has been broken, NUKE NUKE and NUKE AGAIN!

-- Devlin lobs a glass vial = Vule door (go to Vule door; once room shakes, go back to fight)
-- a splash of caustic liquid = danger is gone (if you are oor when vial is tossed at someone, you will NOT hear this trigger, however, the shaking room is the sign that lobbed vial has exploded; get back to the fight)
-- frowns and discards his weaponry = hallway (run to the carpet area/hallway; wait for instructions to get back into the fight)
-- shattered my shield = attack (shield has been broken; NUKE NUKE and NUKE AGAIN!)

PERFORMER: The Performer is a musician and he has four choir members behind him. You will get a message/emote from his choir members. Choir member gives you a line of a song, and it is your job to sing the next verse to that NPC. Things to remember:
- You have a short amount of time to do your thing, so MOVE QUICKLY!
- If you make a mistake/press the wrong key, WALK AWAY! Do not try correct that mistake because singing 2 lines on one emote a double failure.
- Go to YROC's post to get your hot keys set up for this event. The triggers below will NOT make sense to you until you have Yroc's hot key data loaded.

-- Randal recites a line of = Blue (all of randal's verses are color coded BLUE, find the right verse, click the key)
-- Britton recites a line of = Yellow
-- Aelfric recites a line of = Re-ed (phonetic)
-- Seth recites a line of = Green

DOASHEEN: This mob puts a curse on you. You must click the appropriately colored crystal to remove the affliction.

-- Your blood is tainted with magical essence = Green
-- You are dumbstruck = Re-ed
-- You lose your will to fight = Blue
-- festering darkness saps = Yellow

VISHIMTAR: This nasty dragon will cast a DT on you.
- To cure the DT, have a hot key set up that reads: /say Shoulder my burden
- When you hear the trigger, find "a mournful spirit", target it and click the hot key
- If you cannot find the mournful spirit, GATE or TL or find another way out of the zone. DO NOT DIE IN THE ZONE because your corpse/soul is turned into skelly, and it starts killing the raid members.

-- sense your doom = Burden

Hope this is helpful
________
Yamaha Xtz 750 History